• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Great Cop Passes

JonJ

NES Member
Denny was a great guy. He was loved and respected by everyone. Denny had 20 years on the job in Kingston when I got out of the academy.
It's sad that he never got to enjoy his retirement but if you knew Denny, you knew he loved his job and the people he served.

Dennis P. O’Brien, 67, member of Kingston Police Department for 42 years, enjoyed hunting, certified firearms instructor
June 21, 2006 | Old Colony Memorial

KINGSTON – Dennis P. O’Brien, 67, of Kingston, died Friday, June 16, at his home. He was the husband of Gladys M. (Degan) O’Brien.

Born May 21, 1939, in Plymouth, he was the son of Mary C. (McHugh) O’Brien and the late Richard O’Brien.

He was raised and educated in Kingston and graduated from Silver Lake High School with the Class of 1968. Following high school, he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves.

Mr. O’Brien joined the Kingston Police Department in 1962 and served until his retirement in 2004 with Badge #1 after 42 years of service. He was a former member of the American Revolution Bicentennial Committee, Kingston Continental Marines, former chairman of the Kingston Conservation Commission, former conservation enforcement officer, former chairman of the Kingston Zoning Board of Appeals and the Kingston Growth Policy Commission.

He was a member of the Mass. Police Association, Plymouth County Prosecutors Association, St. Joseph’s Knights of Columbus, Old Colony Sportsman’s Club, American Legion Post 108, a longtime member of the NRA and a certified firearms instructor.

He enjoyed his summer home on the coast of Maine and hunting at his camp in Pennsylvania.

In addition to his wife and his mother, he is survived by his brother, William J. O’Brien of Kingston; two sisters, Mary Jane Caraner of Plymouth and Ann Love of Carver; and many nieces and nephews. He was the brother of the late Natalie Borofski.

A funeral Mass was held June 20 at St. Joseph’s Church in Kingston. Burial was in the Evergreen Cemetery in Kingston.

Donations may be made in his memory to South Shore Visiting Nurses; or to Hospice of South Shore, P.O. Box 859060, Braintree, MA 02185.

RIP, Brother! Condolences to his Family, Friends and Department!

[halfmast]

Sorry to read of his passing! Life is often cruel, and thus we need to enjoy whatever time we have here!

[Jon, I had my heart in my mouth when I read "Dennis" until my brain caught up that I didn't know the last name. I thought he was the Dennis you had worked with and I used to know.]

Back
Top Bottom