• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A fun and effective new Rifle (Mass ok)

I lived in MA. I know a bit of what I'm talking about.
I'm in a free state now.

I don't want to private sale FA10 an AR in MA...especially if I already live in NH. I don't think anyone would if they lived in a free state.

And as far as I understand it (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), a post 94 AR must be in the state of MA (on some FA10) to be OK.

If the MCX doesn't fall under the AR category in MA then I'm open to it.
Sorry to be a bit harsh in my last post, but if u live in NH and have a nonresident ltc no matter what rifle u get, u are going to have to FA10. What’s the difference if u get a tavor or an AR????....If u want an AR, get one (plenty for sale and it will still be cheaper than a tavor). U obviously know the deal here in MA so just get what u want and don’t be scared of all the bullshit here. Follow the f***ed up laws and u will be fine, and if your going spend around $1900 definitely get the MCX. Just about every dealer sells them. Good luck!

What the issue with the RDB? I try to stay away from Keltec in general but this one seemed interesting to me.

The mags like to pop out on their own if you so much as graze the mag release while shooting it. I never had that problem but I can see how others
could. There were noises that they were going to offer a different kind of release but never saw anything come out of that. Supposedly some people had a
dirty hack to change it to a button but never saw pics of this.

There may be other issues but that was the big one, at the time.

-Mike

Sorry to be a bit harsh in my last post, but if u live in NH and have a nonresident ltc no matter what rifle u get, u are going to have to FA10. What’s the difference if u get a tavor or an AR????....If u want an AR, get one (plenty for sale and it will still be cheaper than a tavor). U obviously know the deal here in MA so just get what u want and don’t be scared of all the bullshit here. Follow the f***ed up laws and u will be fine, and if your going spend around $1900 definitely get the MCX. Just about every dealer sells them. Good luck!
No worries.
I don't believe I'll need to FA10 a rifle if I bring it into MA.
I don't FA10 my handguns when I bring them into the state. Perhaps there's a new law I'm unfamiliar with.
I don't think non-resident LTC holders need to FA10 their stuff do they?

I'll def look into the MCX but really I'm a bit AR'd out. I done a few builds. It's fun but to me they've started to look very similar. It is an option though and I'd look into it.
I'd buy free state and then pin-weld and fix the stock. I don't intend to ever FA10 anything.

The mags like to pop out on their own if you so much as graze the mag release while shooting it. I never had that problem but I can see how others
could. There were noises that they were going to offer a different kind of release but never saw anything come out of that.

-Mike
Good to know thanks.

Good to know thanks.

There was a lot to like about that gun too, I only sold mine because I needed the cash. Adjustable gas system, ambi convertible charging handle, downard ejection.... was pretty cool otherwise....

No, he's not. F ail. FA-10ing shit is only for MA residents, period end full stop.

-Mike
No worries.
I don't believe I'll need to FA10 a rifle if I bring it into MA.
I don't FA10 my handguns when I bring them into the state. Perhaps there's a new law I'm unfamiliar with.
I don't think non-resident LTC holders need to FA10 their stuff do they?

I'll def look into the MCX but really I'm a bit AR'd out. I done a few builds. It's fun but to me they've started to look very similar. It is an option though and I'd look into it.
I'd buy free state and then pin-weld and fix the stock. I don't intend to ever FA10 anything.
do u shoot a lot in ma? The MCX in NH will be better without the AWB crap. I just finished a M1a in a sage stock build, fun but expensive

Pre-ban Mini 14? 30 round mags but not AR compatible. Add a Gen3 S&W in a shoulder holster for the full 80's bad ass effect.

View attachment 322437

Yup. I had one. Wood folding stock and everything.
I understand why no one on the A-Team ever shot anyone they were aiming for.

I'm purposefully trying to move away from the Mini-14.

A 3rd gen S&W I've been looking for but I want one with a steel frame not alloy. Hard to find one that's a reasonable price.

There was a lot to like about that gun too, I only sold mine because I needed the cash. Adjustable gas system, ambi convertible charging handle, downard ejection.... was pretty cool otherwise....
Yeah that looked hopeful. I am having issues with my CZ Scorpion because of the gas system shooting suppressed. The adjustable gas on the Keltec is enticing. I'll read up on the mag release issues. I didn't think I'd ever say I "want" a Keltec. It's kind of like saying you really "want" a Nissan Juke.

Yup. I had one. Wood folding stock and everything.
I understand why no one on the A-Team ever shot anyone they were aiming for.

I'm purposefully trying to move away from the Mini-14.

A 3rd gen S&W I've been looking for but I want one with a steel frame not alloy. Hard to find one that's a reasonable price.
Never took the mini 14 plunge tbh. I orbit them on GB from time to time but never pull the trigger on one. Love the look though.

Gen 3 Smiths are going up. After shipping and transfer seems like >$400 is the going price.

What the issue with the RDB? I try to stay away from Keltec in general but this one seemed interesting to me.

Like Mike said, mags like to not stay in. If you have small hands, it might not be a problem, but my meat hooks like to bump the release and drop the mag.

Plus, it’s a keltec [laugh]

That looks pretty sweet. To be honest the bolt-action 308 game isn't something I've played in yet.

Right now here are my options:
1. Sig MCX - A bit too AR for me as I've done this before
2. Keltec RDB - Mag release issues
3. IWI Tavor X95 - Still maybe some accuracy issues
4. Desert Tech MDR - Still maybe reliability issues (Apparently just missed an $1899 sale for the 5.56 version)
5. CZ Bren - Shot stringing issues and heavy for really no good reason
6. Steyr AUG - A bit ugly for me.
7. K&M Arms M17 - Still researching. Don't know whether this is MA ok.

That looks pretty sweet. To be honest the bolt-action 308 game isn't something I've played in yet.

Right now here are my options:
4. Desert Tech MDR - Still maybe reliability issues (Apparently just missed an $1899 sale for the 5.56 version)
6. Steyr AUG - A bit ugly for me.
7. K&M Arms M17 - Still researching. Don't know whether this is MA ok.
The AUG is banned by name.

The AUG is banned by name.
Damn ok. Thanks. Didn't know that.

6. K&M Arms M17 - Still researching. Don't know whether this is MA ok.

I lived in MA. I know a bit of what I'm talking about.
I'm in a free state now.

I don't want to private sale FA10 an AR in MA...especially if I already live in NH. I don't think anyone would if they lived in a free state.

And as far as I understand it (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), a post 94 AR must be in the state of MA (on some FA10) to be OK.

If the MCX doesn't fall under the AR category in MA then I'm open to it.
As a NH resident, it is a violation of Fed Law for anyone in another state to private sale any guns to you or anyone else. Also NRs don't FA-10 anything.

My advice is buy something in NH that is MGL compliant and bring it into and out of MA at will as long as you have a valid NR LTC.

The AG hasn't and almost certainly will never prosecute anyone wrt her BS edict, it simply is NOT law, just an "opinion" by a pin-head. It scared dealers into compliance and that was her objective (as well as put some of them out of business due to loss of revenue).

As a NH resident, it is a violation of Fed Law for anyone in another state to private sale any guns to you or anyone else. Also NRs don't FA-10 anything.

My advice is buy something in NH that is MGL compliant and bring it into and out of MA at will as long as you have a valid NR LTC.

The AG hasn't and almost certainly will never prosecute anyone wrt her BS edict, it simply is NOT law, just an "opinion" by a pin-head. It scared dealers into compliance and that was her objective (as well as put some of them out of business due to loss of revenue).
Thanks for that Len. No plans for private sale of anything in MA.

Your plan is what I'm intending to do. NH purchase that is complaint with MA laws.

But what you bring up about her edict not being law is interesting. Would you have any reservations driving into MA with an AR that is AWB compliant?

I could do that pretty easily but unfortunately it would mean that I don't get to build something new.

I live in NH and travel into MA as well. As I was formally a resident I have a host of MA-okay AR’s but since I’m generally near the city I go Tavor or FS2000.

False. Pre-94 AR’s are fine.

Edit - misread. Post-94’s are supposed to be registered in MA before the enforcement notice. But I don’t consider that legally biding.

Back
Top Bottom