A follow-up to some info about the Newtown shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Not the best of subjects to be bantering about on this day of all days. However, what I'd like to share with you is just too important.

Today was finish up shopping day so we swung by Costco for a moment as it opened. There I ran into a close personal friend of mine. I will not divulge his name or his occupation. I can tell you that he and I go back 25+ years and I've hunted and fished with him numerous times over long periods. What I was unaware of the fact that he was called as a first responder during the terrible Newtown attack. The reason subject even came up was because, being a hunter, he was very much first hand aware of the damage a .223 would do to an adult human, never mind a younger person. We chatted quietly and I mentioned how disturbed I was that this had happened and that's when he told me....... that the shootings were done with a .22. in once case 11 shots. I won't go into any other details. I repeated what he said and he confirmed that what we're speculating on and hearing is just wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, what a white elephant! Imagine. Someone points out that it's the dreaded ebr Bushmaster that is at fault here and woe to all of us for its existence. Yet, now I'm told but what I'd called one of the most credible sources I know that this was the doing of a .22. Bushmaster? Maybe it was at one time but maybe.....just maybe it's a .22 convert. That does fit the question of where the .22 came from the used on his mother. And, those .22s always jamb once and a while. There was one incident where 6 children were able to flee while the shooter supposedly had to unjamb his rifle.

Could there be this much of an insidious lie being perpetrated to the general public by someone with an agenda? Jesus Mary and Joseph! I'm going to have to tighten the tinfoil cap if this is what we are really up against.

Allow me to continue.

I swung by Riverview this afternoon, too. I had to make a small purchase. We were all chatting at the register and the subject of the AR came up. We were all told in no uncertain terms that the AR used did NOT............NOT come from Riverview, period, end of discussion. Up until now I know that I'd read and heard that the Bushmaster had come from Riverview....the second rifle to be used in a mass shooting, etc., etc. As it turns out, that's also wrong.

My oh my this is enough to make my head explode. I'm going to close by saying I'm going to try to not think of this any further. If, however, the discussion continues on its present course I will contact the NRA and I will disclose the information I've got to them to investigate. If I can find this out, so can others and others also know what the truth is.

Please have a Merry Christmas and hope that you all will keep those damaged families in your thought and prayers.

Rome

You mean like something with a charging handle on the side? Like a .22 analog.

Just saying.

You realize that WWII in germany was instigated because Hitler did this in Poland right ?

You understand that NOW is the time to get this out, not later. Later it is too late, too much momentum behind it to change the narrative.

Why doesn't your friend coordinate a truthful response ? Why would he let his rights and his country die over a lie ? Why would he allow all of us to loose ours because of a lie ?

If you are serious about what you say, and if he is... you should call the NRA now. Not later.

just my .02c...

There goes the liberal "high powered rifle" out the window. I bet it will get run over by Santa's reindeers, ans we won't hear much about it. Blaming the .223 is much better for their "military high powered semi-auto" argument. It's not even half the fun when you tell people that the massacre has been done with the same caliber the boy scouts use for practice.

If this is real your friend has an obligation to not keep this information to himself. To stand by and watch without saying anything, regardless of consequences would be a crime against law abiding citizens everywhere.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Is he medical or LE? There is the thread going here that I've posted in quite a bit about the discrepancies, flat out lies, being told to the world by CSP.

I thought it was weird that the medical examiner kept using the term "long rifle" when he had his press conference. (At least that's what I think I remember him saying. I'm going to try to find a clip of it.)

So it was in fact a AR style long gun? What ever happened to the saiga 12?

I am not suprised in the least that they added a 3 after the .22 to make it more evil.

Definitely contact the NRA

wondering if the dreaded bushmaster was actually chambered in 22 mom was a prepper after all..

So how does this "friend" know? Based on the wounds? Or the casings at the scene?

Pretty difficult to screw up .22 LR cases for .223/5.56 NATO cases.

Who knows. What he used makes no difference in who and how many died. When the investigation is concluded if a .22 was used I'm sure we'll hear about it. We all know that even a .22 at close range is very deadly. Look hat what the VT shooter used. The entire PD and group of first responders are not in on some conspiracy. It's another crazy person and another tragedy.

Mike

If true, this also brings up another question, at least in my mind.

The Medical Examiner reported that all of the injuries were from bullets that were fired from a long gun. If there were bullets recovered, and they were .223, I can understand this conclusion. There are handguns that can fire .223, but if I was told that the injuries were from .223 my first suspicion would be a rifle, since they are more common. Maybe the ME jumped to this conclusion, I don't know.

OTOH, if I were told that there were injuries from a .22lr bullet I wouldn't have a clue as to whether they were fired from a handgun or a long gun. In that caliber there are simply too many choices. Forensically, I don't know if examining a bullet alone would tell you what the barrel length was of the gun. I know that a recovered bullet can usually be matched to the gun, assuming that the suspect gun is available for ballistics testing. I don't know if the ME performed ballistics testing, who had possession of the murder weapon, if there were recovered bullets, if any recovered bullets were matched to a particular gun, etc.

I was also surprised when I read that the ME said the injuries were from a long gun. Up until I read that, everything I read kept saying 2 handguns were used, but that may have been a failure on my part in not following the news closely enough.

I have a whole lot of questions about this incident.

Last edited:
medical examiner said all shots inside were 223...a shotgun was in the trunk not an AR

But he also said they were hollow/soft points. Granted, there are .223 soft points but practically every .22 LR is a HP too. And they measure to .222 which is what some jacketed SP/HP .223s measure to.

I am not saying the OP's story holds any weight, but until I see an official report in writing, I am not believing anything being reported.

ETA: Also, remember the devastation the VT shooter caused using a P22 and a G19. He used both and had a higher body count.

I don't think that in the big picture that the details are going to matter much to anyone outside of our hobby. The general public does not know the difference between a .22 and a .223 anyway! To most average people that extra digit is meaningless, and for all intents and purposes could be assumed to be just a misprint by a reporter somewhere down the line. I don't have to tell anyone here that there is a HUGE difference in terminal damage between the 2, so if we never have actual medical reports accessible, no one will know the difference, and the fact remains that over 20 people, mostly children are dead. Even if by some miracle, the investigators were to release a statement saying that the evil "Bushwacker" was chambered in .22, does anyone here really believe it will matter? A HUGE part of the proposed ban will be going after high capacity "clips", so they will just focus on the fact that the guy used those in the rifle, and that is what everyone will be hearing. At this point, who cares if it was a .223, 7.62, .300 blackout, or whatever. Caliber will make no difference at all!

I don't think that in the big picture that the details are going to matter much to anyone outside of our hobby. The general public does not know the difference between a .22 and a .223 anyway! To most average people that extra digit is meaningless, and for all intents and purposes could be assumed to be just a misprint by a reporter somewhere down the line. I don't have to tell anyone here that there is a HUGE difference in terminal damage between the 2, so if we never have actual medical reports accessible, no one will know the difference, and the fact remains that over 20 people, mostly children are dead. Even if by some miracle, the investigators were to release a statement saying that the evil "Bushwacker" was chambered in .22, does anyone here really believe it will matter? A HUGE part of the proposed ban will be going after high capacity "clips", so they will just focus on the fact that the guy used those in the rifle, and that is what everyone will be hearing. At this point, who cares if it was a .223, 7.62, .300 blackout, or whatever. Caliber will make no difference at all!

This. But I would add that the whole thing from the beginning was agenda driven. There's too much momentum behind the story now to sway any opinion. The caliber that killed Bobby Kennedy didn't match with Sirhan's gun either, but he's still in jail for it.

All of these are agenda driven!! Every one of these has a second shooter or armed person initially reported sometimes even apprehended, yet after the first few hours all reports of the second person vanish. The columbine incident even had reports of a second team on the grounds. Also ever notice that the vast majority of these happen under Democratic control.
If anyone really thinks that our Government would not kill our own citizens even children to further their control only needs to look at our history as a nation.
As far as first responders not being in on it, they don't have to be. They will not be writing the final report, 75% wouldn't say anything anyway, 15% won't talk out of fear, and the final 10% will either be labeled as conspiracy nuts or called liars and their credibility wrecked. The media will only tout the final report so that's all that will matter. 50 years from now the truth on a lot of these incidents will begin to leak out when the first responders begin to pass on.

i would think that finding out a .22 killed these children and teachers would if nothing else, help their anti gun cause. they would start saying things like "if this could be done with a .22 rifle, imagine what he could have done with an assault rifle with high capacity clips."

it wont matter what gun did all the killing to them (bc it obviously wasnt the person holding it that is responsible), just that nobody should have guns. they are deceived to thinking that they can trust the govt, and when obama tells them that we should get rid of certain guns, theyll jump into the pack of lemmings and run off the cliff, into a land where they have no way to defend themselves against anyone, whether criminals or tyrants.

all we can do is try to educate people on the fence and anti's and make them realize the potentially dire consequences of not having a way to protect ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom