A confiscation story with a happy ending for once

So about a month ago a close friend of mine has an uncle that had an accident happen with a firearm. My friend's dad was on the property but no one was there to witness him actually shoot himself in the hand, but it sounds like a bunch of stupidity snowballed and he ended up shooting himself in the hand. The cops came right down. They were immediately questioning the dad thinking he tried to shoot his brother, they said it was a very typical defensive wound. They confiscated the uncle's LTC and guns right then and there. I was thinking about getting him in contact with Comm2A but he doesn't have a computer or cable for that matter. Also I was waiting until I heard that he wasn't going to get them back before I made a real effort to put him in contact with them.

I figured from the stories I have read that this was it, no more guns for him. I was totally shocked today when my friend sent me a text saying that the Chief personally drove the LTC and firearms back over to the uncle's house. I guess there is some common sense in this state after all.

Kudos to the chief for doing the right thing. It was an accident and s#!t happens, they shouldn't have been taken at all but at least he got them back.

Whether they had the right to take it on the spot and what they did I am guessing is 2 different things. Its is good that all turned out well though. With no proof that it was anything but an accident other than the location of the wound is a pretty weak case.

Well, kudos to the Raynham Chief for doing the right thing in returning the guns and LTC. Many towns would have turned them over to the extortion warehouse and they would have been permanently "gone"!

Whether they had the right to take it on the spot and what they did I am guessing is 2 different things. Its is good that all turned out well though. With no proof that it was anything but an accident other than the location of the wound is a pretty weak case.

While it shouldnt go down that way, unfortunately the suitability clause allows for revocation or suspension of the license for.....pretty much anything the licensing authority can think of. Sucks.

I am surprised by the outcome of this. And considering this is MA you cant say that too often (you know, as long as the suprise isnt more gun laws [rolleyes])

Back
Top Bottom