a common sense editorial from the Globe?

It's discouraging that so many of the comments on this piece are negative compared to those posted for Yvonne Abraham's column earlier in the week. Guess the early Sunday crowd is more anti.

There's a debate going on in the comments section of the article. lots of typical libtards chiming in. We need more of us to chime in!

A couple of us are indeed chiming in - though my screen name there is different simply because I've had it for much longer. You'll figure out who is posting the GOAL information pretty quickly as his handle is pretty much the same (nice job BTW).

I posted a couple paragraphs :) I can't go their too much because I can't debate with idiots for longer than 5 minutes. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Here's my email message to Jeff Jacoby

Jeff:

Excellent, excellent, excellent article today! Your rationale is sound, your argument is to the point, and everything was well-said. Such a pleasure to hear the voice of reason screaming out in this desert of insanity we call Massachusetts.

There's only one problem - you make the assumption that the anti-gun crowd pushing this legislation (oh, and by the way - the one gun per month rule is only the TIP of the iceberg) really cares to hear a logical debate. They don't. As with many of the pieces of legislation we've seen in the past, the bill itself is only a smokescreen for the real goal - complete removal of all firearms from the people.

The anti's don't care the bill makes no sense - that it only effects law-abiding gun owners, and doesn't do anything to stop the criminals. They simply see it as another brick in the road towards complete firearms elimination. Logic doesn't really have anything to do with it.

So while I applaud your efforts, I'm afraid the end of civil rights as we know them as gun owners is near. The sad thing? After they pass this bill (and they will), and all the wonderful restrictions are in place, kids are still gonna die on a regular basis. But, after all, addressing the real problem is too expensive, too much of an effort, and doesn't make for a handy election-year sound bite.

One more thought - consider the Massachusetts state motto: By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty (Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem in Latin). What a joke this place has become.

Keep up the good fight, my friend.

(USMA-82)

A couple of us are indeed chiming in - though my screen name there is different simply because I've had it for much longer. You'll figure out who is posting the GOAL information pretty quickly as his handle is pretty much the same (nice job BTW).

I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Which user are we talking about?

Back
Top Bottom