• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Buzzworthy Glock project , done by Queen Bee

In my effort to not pay 400$ to agency arms , i bought a 30 dollar wood burner kit, 20 dollars worth of sand paper up to 1000 grit. And will be buying one of those retractable straight edge razors for paint scraping to make my lines perfectly straight. Saw that little hint on pullman arms vid, and will need some plain old masking tape to tape off lines. Dremel tool will be borrowed from from a really good friend who if he likes thos enough, i will do his for free in return

Come with me on my journey as i post pics, update with news etc

So i started by hand with sandpaper , first time is the hardest lol.

Got down as far as i could till i run the dremel on it later on.

Did 220, 320, 400, and a tad bit of 800 to see what it feels like surface wise.

Will even it all out later , just too much material to remove by hand at the moment on the front and back

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=85636124179782713335&t=8563612417978271333573383

- - - Updated - - -

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=85636124179782713335&t=8563612417978271333573383

I can't see the pictures, but good luck.
I stippled my G17 last year and I love it.
All I did was dremel off the finger grooves and finishing, then jumped into stippling. Probably should have sanded a bit, but oh well.
Though I do now need to wear an undershirt when carrying because of how the grip feels against my skin.

Espc6Yv.jpg

good luck.
I think I went a little higher than you with the stippling. But its all preference. I also had no real strategy going into it, which I should suggest you do.
Go in a line. Complete one whole line before moving on to the next. Up and down or side to side. But choose one and stick to it.
What I did was kind of create little boxes, complete them and move on to the next.
I also got rid of that "US Patent" patch.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/265962-Home-DrunkSmithing-G17-Project?p=4308670&viewfull=1#post4308670

Im going to keep the glock logo, and bring the stippling all the way up to the top of the thumb indent, and make the recoil ledge cut after i have finished sanding rest of the frame,

I have been practicing alot of the wood burner so i think i can do it really nice will show pics of the glock box i have stippled too

wEjpmtg.jpg

Last edited:
I would hydro dip it muddy girl pink, but i hear it does not last as a coating especially with stippling,

So instead i will make it a light grey cerakote . Kind of like the new grey glocks

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Marine Daughter

nice job, i think it'll turn out great after what you just posted you've already done.
looking forward to it.

I would hydro dip it muddy girl pink, but i hear it does not last as a coating especially with stippling,

So instead i will make it a light grey cerakote . Kind of like the new grey glocks

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Marine Daughter

You could always go with Krylon....... and change the look at any time.
No pink colors in ceracoat?

About 4 hours of stippling,

To cut the front accelerator pads, was the 240 grit dremel drum, then polish it off with the large drum stone, and then a polish wheel, with some compound on it.

I used a retractable paint scraper thatcis used on windows to make straight lines. Along with masking tape.

Next up, next weekend, i will make the stipple job closer and rounded around the inner curve of the rear trigger guard and mag release like agency arms does.

So far i feel it was a good investment, it just took time , and a friends dremel. The accelerator cuts are what people say they are... amazing to hold onto. If i could do this to a 21sf i would but the slide is too big and overhangs.

Stippling is soft and smooth, no where near as hand tearing as the full sandpaper grips, very close to rubber talons, but when you grasp it tightly it locks in your hand , even when wet. And wont add material like talons to the grip.

I want to try the dragon scale pattern i made on another glock one day. If someone wants a free stipple job in that pattern i will do it for you free.

Back
Top Bottom