9mm vs. .40 at the range today.

I went to the range to day again with my G17 and my S&W .40 99c.

I shot a lot better with my .40 I have to admit, I was surprised. I'm now thinking of selling or trading the G17. I felt like the grip was a lot more sensible on my little .40, and I like the trigger.

I completely expected the reverse, but there was a noticeable difference in accuracy and comfort, as well as target acquisition with the .40 coming out ahead.

So it seems that it's more of a G17 vs. SW99c and not a 9mm vs .40 test. Have you tried the 99 in 9mm?

Good point! I could very well also be a Glock vs. every other gun thing.

I see no other solution than to buy as many guns as I can for testing purposes. [grin]

I really did think I would shoot better with the Glock though.

I would love to the the 99 in 9mm, that would be a better comparison.

Another interesting thing is that I think I have been affected by all the negative .40 stuff I have read at this forum and others. [thinking]

my opinion is biased.

glocks are NOT comfortable to shoot IMO.

I used to own a G22 and it slowly became my least favorite gun shoot or carry.

I will add, that I'd carry a Glock into any "Combat" situation, where concealment and comfort aren't in the agenda. However, being realistic with range shooting and CCW, it gave way to other guns for me. I made a similar post on Glocktalk and caught a SERIOUS flaming! My conclusion is I'd carry a Glock any day, If I could "open carry".......

My M&P9c, Ruger P345 had better ergonomics and accuracy than my G22 had.

I thought it was just me - i even shot other .40 cal guns to make sure.

I have now decided that .40 cal guns (especially Glocks) are NOT for me, as long as live in this state. The main reason I picked up a .40 cal, 2nd Gen Glock was to blend the higher capacity mags with stopping power.....

Now I have abandoned that all together and sticking with 9mm and .45 ACP due to the price of ammo and NOT having to hunt down pre-ban toys.

I will eventually pick up another Glock - but it will have to be a subcompact or compact model in any caliber besides .40 cal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom