9mm JSP (soft point)?

Tell your club to look into this. Our club recently went with something similar. MUCH better than dimpling and lead dust everywhere, even though we have a great ventilation system

http://www.paragontactical.com/products/

edit: Actually I was wrong. We went with the bulk rubber piled up rather than plates. But this seems to be the newest/bestest way to go

MR&G is in the process of doing this. It's expensive to bring in the new steel for the backstop and then to take apart the front of the building to get it in place. The indoor range is underneath the main building.

Biggest issue is insurance. MR&G specifies only pistol calibers but we've had idiots shoot .223 FMJ and put holes in the backstop. Once that happens, the backstop is "damaged" according to insurance and unsafe for use.

It's all about money.

Aloha

Last edited:
Is the backstop plywood? Or is it because JHP has lead exposed to fire? The answers to these questions are irrelevant; go elsewhere.

pretty sure JSP has more lead exposed than JHP since the whole nose on JSP is unjacketed lead

Like I said, I'm joining the club either way since it's very close and inexpensive and I can shoot .22 among other things. I would ALSO like to shoot my 9mm here which is why I asked. To those of you offering suggestions about ammo, thank you. [thumbsup]

You could also shoot something like the Ultramax remanufactured rounds. They come in 9mm with RNL and Dick's carries them in the 250 packs. Dick's in Nashua has had them in stock recently. They are dirty, but if that's what you have to use, its probably the most economical option. JSP is going to cost you an arm and leg like everyone else said.

A really good option also is LAX Ammunition. They sell reloads with 115-gr copper plated bullets for about .25/rd. Tons in stock right now. If you have a way to order them, buy the 1500-rd case for $375 and have fun for a while.

Four Seasons has been getting in the Bullseye 125 gr. lead round nose remanufactured ammunition. They had some last week and the week before. This is exactly the ammo you need if you don't reload.

Back
Top Bottom