9mm Dillon resize/decap die issue. UPDATE POST 19: 10/8. DILLON CRIMP DIE ISSUE

Thanks. I have no empty stations, but regardless, the EGW performed over 3 times worse than the Dillon sizing die. The die failed to perform better than the Dillon in every aspect when swapping one for one.

If anyone is interested I have a used EGW U die with 3 extra de-primming pins for sale. $30 shipped.

Did you read my post about culling your brass? Remember, some of that brass was left on the ground for a reason.

Eisenhow is right about using a little lube. I use Hornaday One Shot.

I saw your post and those are good tips and case lube would make it easier, but the end results for me is about the reduction of bad cases. Using the same batch of random mixed brass in the same machine, the only variable being the EGW die, those were the results I experienced. Not everyone obviously will have the same experience, but it my case the EGW produced 3 times more bad cases, the other issues aside, that gives me no reason to try an improve the usage of the die when the end results is worse than the Dillon die. If using the die wasn't so difficult I likely do more testing. The 1% loss with the Dillon was consistent and I can live with that vs the EGW 4%.

The range I go to has 99% once fired brass, I always come back with twice as much as I fired. You are literally tripping over it and pushing aside large piles of it.

Thanks all for the comments. I am satisfied gauging all my rounds, as without lube or sorting my brass, it appears I will not improve the process even with the use of the Lee FCD or EGW U Die.

I saw your post and those are good tips and case lube would make it easier, but the end results for me is about the reduction of bad cases. Using the same batch of random mixed brass in the same machine, the only variable being the EGW die, those were the results I experienced. Not everyone obviously will have the same experience, but it my case the EGW produced 3 times more bad cases, the other issues aside, that gives me no reason to try an improve the usage of the die when the end results is worse than the Dillon die. If using the die wasn't so difficult I likely do more testing. The 1% loss with the Dillon was consistent and I can live with that vs the EGW 4%.

The range I go to has 99% once fired brass, I always come back with twice as much as I fired. You are literally tripping over it and pushing aside large piles of it.

Thanks all for the comments. I am satisfied gauging all my rounds, as without lube or sorting my brass, it appears I will not improve the process even with the use of the Lee FCD or EGW U Die.

How is the dillon doing with neck tension on the range brass?

Remember that the U die didn't produce bad cases,, you loaded them into the machine. The reason that the Dillon die didn't "produce" as many bad cases is because it does not attempt to resize the whole case. In time you will discover that a bulge at the base of these cases will develop with the Dillon die.

Back
Top Bottom