9mm Barrel for CZ 52?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I just bought a CZ52 and don't want to have to load another caliber - especially a necked pistol cartridge.

Does anyone make a 9mm barrel for it?

Last edited:
Yes. www.makarov.com sometimes has them, but last I checked they were out of stock. They also list replacement and upgrade firing pins, but are mostly out of those too at the moment.

I did a google search a while back and found several other places that carried 9mm barrels as well. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark them at the time.

Last edited:
If you look around, 7.62X25mm isn't terribly expensive - when you can find it.

Let me know if you find a good 9mm barrel. I'd like to try one in my CZ-52 as well.

Kevin9, check the sp on your link. I'm PMing a weblink for a vendor that has 9mm cz-52 barrels; this vendor also handles C&R, so I won't post the link or the vendor.

I think there are some modifications you need to make to have the barrels work.
Why not just buy surplus stuff? Its cheaper than reloading and you still get the 7.62x25 speed and power.
Just steer clear of the Bulgarian ammo. Heres a link: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23110
If you don't want to shoot surplus, Wolf Gold 7.62x25 is great ammo and still pretty cheap.

You have to install the rollers on the replacement barrels.

Some of the Bulgarian is OK (the 52 headstamp is the bad stuff). I have 54 stamped loads and they shoot fine.

Or buy a second set of rollers for the barrel.

I've been shooting S&B ammo. It seems to work fine.

S&B is good. Winchester is good and very clean. Wolf Gold is good. I've got some other 7.62x25 at home but don't remember the name. I got a brick (500 rounds) from the Armory for a good price.

I solved the problem by buying the chinese norinco tokarev's in both 7,62 and in 9mm....
My cz52 is in its orginal condition.

Yes the winchester metric ammo is made by Sellier & Bellot. Its great brass for reloading too. The priv-partizan ammo is good stuff too. Again the yugo brass is soft and great for reloading. Someone on another forum posted that he is up to 15 to 20 times with the 6,5mm swede brass(yugo). I reloaded the 7,5mm french brass and it went very well in the press.

Last edited:
I ended up getting a 9mm barrel for $50 and swapping it in. It was an easy mod, the whole thing took about 10 minutes. I reused the rollers, cam, and pin from the 7.62 barrel.

Now I need to get to work on the trigger...[rolleyes]

I ended up getting a 9mm barrel for $50 and swapping it in. It was an easy mod, the whole thing took about 10 minutes. I reused the rollers, cam, and pin from the 7.62 barrel.

Now I need to get to work on the trigger...[rolleyes]

Where'd you wind up getting the barrel? And what kind of 9mm do you plan on using?

Jim, did you fire the pistol in it's original configuration? I'd be interested if there was any change in it's accuracy.

Yes, range report, please. I would imagine that one should only use std. pressure 115gr 9mm in this gun. Would be interested to know if it prefers FMJ only or would also eat JHPs.

Yes, range report, please. I would imagine that one should only use std. pressure 115gr 9mm in this gun. Would be interested to know if it prefers FMJ only or would also eat JHPs.

No I didn't. With the 9mm, it seems to shoot about 4" below point of aim at 10 yards. The accuracy was only fair, but I think it'll take me a bit of time to get used to the horrendous trigger (I think it has the worst SA trigger I've ever tried). If I could find the parts, I'd get another set of rollers with a cam and pin for the original barrel. That way, a caliber change could be done in seconds.

It ate both the WWB and R-P that I fed it without a single failure-to-anything. I'm curious as to why you think it should only be fed the weak stuff. Doesn't the 7.62x25 stuff run at a much higher pressure? With the 9mm, it doesn't throw the brass nearly as far as the ones that I've seen shooting the 7.62x25.

Not the first time, today even, I'd be mistaken. I know there are handgun manufacturers that don't recommend +p or +p+ 9mm. If +p loads would work in a 9mm chambered cz-52, even better. Any modifications to the mags?

Jim, If you figure out a way to ease that trigger pull, let me know what you did. The trigger slap on my CZ is the worst I ever felt.

Also, if you get a chance, PM me the site you got the bbl from. Might be something to try.

Thanks
I've done some work on the action of my CZ-52 to greatly reduce trigger slap. There still may be a little bit but it's mostly gone.

First I removed a tiny bit of metal off the trailing edge of the finger that pushes the firing pin retractor/lock so that it slants ever so slightly to the rear when at rest. Be sure NOT to take any off the front portion otherwise you could reduce its operating height to the point that it does not fully release the firing pin lock. I used very fine emery paper to do this then polished it. This seemed to make the most difference.

I also polished the firing pin retractor/lock itself, both the head that shows at the bottom of the slide and the shelf that retracks the firing pin. Unfortunately it still sticks down slightly below the level of the rib on the slide. I think that is still causing the little bit of slap.

My next step is to replace the pin, plunger and spring with the Harrington competition pin from Markov.com. I'm hoping that will reduce the trigger pull weight considerably and that the plunger will sit flush and eliminate the slap. I may also polish the hammer-sear interface as well.

We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom