91/30's for 79.95+ shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
its actually 69.95:)

That's about the going price, if there's nothing fancy about them. Could be a good deal for a non-C&R holder if this is through a local FFL. I hope you're just passing along information, and not facilitating the transfer of these guns...

Were these rifles part of the group buy? Do they come with the 'extras;' bayonet, sling, oiler, adjustment wrench? I'm not too picky about manufacturer or receiver style, but prefer 1941-1944 date and mostly if not all matching numbers.

MajSpud
NES member
C&R holder
LTC class A

Boy, I spotted a batch of M-44's and 91/30's up at Pete's and these puppies have seen far better days...Looked just smashed up for $120.00...[thinking] I don't think I'll buy any more, (though I've been thinking about a shooter M-44 for a project), the two I have, (M-44 and 91/30) are really sweet....

I've got too many Mosins already. Only ones I would spring for at this point would be an original PU or PE sniper (or ex-sniper) or a Finn M27 (or that sick but expensive Finn target rifle version)

For a 91/30 That is a good price. $69.95 is a very good price. Most of what is coming in are rebuilds from Belarus. Screw the little things that don't matter(oiler, bayo). I would bet they are shooters. You could spend more filling up your car or a night at the bar. He's attempting to help. He does not yet realize you guys are cheap and ungrateful. Been there, done that. Never again from me. I hoard my stuff. Example: I sold some 7.62x54r ammo to a few members $59.00..69.00. I posted a few months later that I found some great stuff at $79.00. I received PM's asking if I had any of the cheaper ammo and guys were pissed that the prices have gone up! Yes I had it, but why would I sell at $59.00 for something that would be a $79.00 replacement cost. I buy at a certain cost, I sell at that price. Don't dog the Man for attempting to help. I gave up. Ungrateful bunch of .....
Say Thanks or no thanks. Simple.

I've got too many Mosins already. Only ones I would spring for at this point would be an original PU or PE sniper (or ex-sniper) or a Finn M27 (or that sick but expensive Finn target rifle version)

I sold 2 M27's to a buddy in NY this past spring, $300.00 for both. They were listed here.

Apparently some a**h*** neg repped me for telling the truth, that 79.95 is above the going C&R price... Whatever [rolleyes]

If that last comment was adressed to me, I apologize if my query was offensive to someone. Knowing a lot about Mausers but little about Moisens, I am simply gathering information. I was not questioning price, just asking what the price included. From what I'm hearing and finding, it is a good price; but I am more interested in knowing what I'm getting than the bottom line.

MajSpud

Nah, wasn't you.

Most C&R dealers send you the entire accessory package with the rifle. Not all stores give you the accessories, although some do. And then some people who buy from stores forget to ask for the package, even though the rifle comes with it.

Nah, wasn't you.

Most C&R dealers send you the entire accessory package with the rifle. Not all stores give you the accessories, although some do. And then some people who buy from stores forget to ask for the package, even though the rifle comes with it.

He is not a dealer, as he stated. He is gaining nothing as he stated. Trust him. Most C&R dealers don't ship to Mass., He is doing a favor. I gave 1 person a + on this thread for attempting to help. Your - for stating he is overpriced was earned, way out of line. I'll never offer here again for the same reason. Stay in Mass!!! Arrogance not accepted.

Sorry! There are way to many guys that offer and get smacked for it. I was honest and posted it, that is all. As I was told by a mod, rep points mean nothing, don't sweat it. I see guy's seriously gouging and nothing is said. This is a good thread that a member made a perspective buyer think twice about w/ a few key strokes. Stupid stuff. JP

For a 91/30 That is a good price. $69.95 is a very good price. Most of what is coming in are rebuilds from Belarus. Screw the little things that don't matter(oiler, bayo). I would bet they are shooters. You could spend more filling up your car or a night at the bar. He's attempting to help. He does not yet realize you guys are cheap and ungrateful. Been there, done that. Never again from me. I hoard my stuff. Example: I sold some 7.62x54r ammo to a few members $59.00..69.00. I posted a few months later that I found some great stuff at $79.00. I received PM's asking if I had any of the cheaper ammo and guys were pissed that the prices have gone up! Yes I had it, but why would I sell at $59.00 for something that would be a $79.00 replacement cost. I buy at a certain cost, I sell at that price. Don't dog the Man for attempting to help. I gave up. Ungrateful bunch of .....
Say Thanks or no thanks. Simple.

Exactly...Not everyone has a C&R and those who do, likely miss the prices of these things at the local shops. I've seen tortured 91/30's going for $150.00+ al local FFL's and just yesterday spotted a wasted VZ24 for $200.00...[thinking]

I know sometimes people get rubbed the wrong way by folks, but L1234 seemed like he was trying to help those who may be tired of towing the FFL's price line, or have not got their paperwork in yet...[wink]

Sorry! There are way to many guys that offer and get smacked for it. I was honest and posted it, that is all. As I was told by a mod, rep points mean nothing, don't sweat it. I see guy's seriously gouging and nothing is said. This is a good thread that a member made a perspective buyer think twice about w/ a few key strokes. Stupid stuff. JP

I'm not really following your logic here.

1) You're not "hoarding" anything. I can think of close to a dozen places where I can reliably go to get Mosins. There are more Mosin Nagants in the world than any other firearm ever made.

2) My statement was correct. 79.95 as listed in the thread title is above the going rate. $60-70 is more in line with current prices.

3) Who exactly thought twice?

Just to get slightly back on track...

Thank you, Lord, for giving a shout on the Mosins. I'm going to pass for now, because other people keep sending me these pesky bills, but summertime I'm going to add a couple more Mosins to the wall. Milsurps4Me will be getting PMs and offers of beer for tips on how to find one like that last Mosin he showed in "recent acquisitions" around that time.

+1

Yikes, guys. Lord1234 made a nice offer to hook people up. Vellnueve pointed out the price was a bit on the high side. I chimed in that that was true if you've got a C&R, but otherwise it was a decent deal.

Why all the emotion?

I'm not really following your logic here.

1) You're not "hoarding" anything. I can think of close to a dozen places where I can reliably go to get Mosins. There are more Mosin Nagants in the world than any other firearm ever made.

2) My statement was correct. 79.95 as listed in the thread title is above the going rate. $60-70 is more in line with current prices.

3) Who exactly thought twice?

Oh yes I Hoard, but that is not the issue. BTW, Anyone that has bought from me has gotten an extra bonus, not hosed, so leave me out of this. I contacted the thread author, he is offering a Hex receiver 35 stamped Tula. Not a $69.95 rifle. As far as your 3) anyone that read what you put here may think twice, you may have a clue, but I know otherwise. Grow up and stop pouting. You screwed up!! Go back to school!

Back to topic. I have 2 of these exact rifles. The best I've ever seen. I paid the same $ over a year ago. Yes they come w/ all the crap.

DSCF0008.jpg

Oh yes I Hoard, but that is not the issue. BTW, Anyone that has bought from me has gotten an extra bonus, not hosed, so leave me out of this. I contacted the thread author, he is offering a Hex receiver 35 stamped Tula. Not a $69.95 rifle. As far as your 3) anyone that read what you put here may think twice, you may have a clue, but I know otherwise. Grow up and stop pouting. You screwed up!! Go back to school!

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Leo-Thanks for the tip. I currently have a 91/30 and love it. I shot the hell out of it today with Dench at HSC (in the rain). It had cosmoline dripping and burning everywhere (even though I thought I cleaned most of it off). I must have shot 160 rounds through it today, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom