• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

90% of America. BS!!!!

I think the truth that the lie is based on is something like - 90% of America is cool with not letting violent mental patients have guns.

I saw a story saying 3 states have enacted 6 laws of gun control , but 10 states have passed something like 18 laws strengthening the 2A. Don't believe the media.

Statistics never lie but liars use statistics.

asking: "Do you want to make our street safer by keeping guns away from loony toon fellas?" will receive a different response then "Do you think only the police should have guns?"

Thats how they play that game.

[laugh]

kQuLf.jpg

I know someone who posted something about "sensible gun control" vs. abortion... I was like "how's Chicago and D.C. working out for ya?" Response was "the key is sensible". I then proceeded to explain how one person's sensible is different than another person's.

Clearly Chicago and D.C. are landmarks in what NOT to do to protect yourself and your family, especially with the dips*** Chief in Chicago threatening to shoot law abiding citizens if they are seen carrying a gun. But when it comes to violent criminals who have illegal guns we don't kill them, hell less than 4% actually even go to trial, the rest just get a free pass.

You can make an argument that any kind of control of a right is a freedom removed. If they so strongly believe in controlling guns, we should start a campaign to say "If you get to control our right to bear arms, we get to control your right to free speech."

Even if true it is not a reason to do anything. Would people be in favor of killing all the Jews if 90% supported such an action? Irrelevant you say? Hardly. If your basis for doing something is because a majority want it you are submitting yourself to the tyranny of the majority...

And our Constitution is supposed to protect the rights of the minority against said majority.

I think the truth that the lie is based on is something like - 90% of America is cool with not letting violent mental patients have guns.

And I wouldn't agree with that until there was a solid definition of "violent mental patient". I can tell you that which entity defines such a thing would have a lot to do with whether I'd be in agreement.

Even if true it is not a reason to do anything. Would people be in favor of killing all the Jews if 90% supported such an action? Irrelevant you say? Hardly. If your basis for doing something is because a majority want it you are submitting yourself to the tyranny of the majority...

And our Constitution is supposed to protect the rights of the minority against said majority.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin

- - - Updated - - -

90% of who exactly?? I have never been polled. If I was, I would tell them to shove it up their ass.

90% of EBT recipients.

Old News, But -

From our illustrious temporary Senator Cowan's press release, I think this proves the figure is skewed, courtesy of MAIG's "key 41 congressional districts" (and no doubt the NRA members in those districts too..):

"A recent poll by Mayors Against Illegal Guns found that in 41 key congressional districts across the nation, 89 percent of likely voters are in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales in addition to 82 percent of gun owners – including 74 percent of National Rifle Association members who endorsed mandatory criminal background checks for anyone purchasing a gun."

Press Release | Press Releases | Press | U.S. Senator William 'Mo' Cowan of Massachusetts

some of the survey results are equally suspect IMO, 400-600 respondents for an entire state, with a margin of error up to 4%

Demand Action - Polls

Last edited:
"In 41 key congressional districts"? Which ones do you suppose they consider "key"?

I haven't read anything on this, but that line jumped out at me.

Its a loaded question, its complete B.S. they ask, are you in favor of background checks to keep mentally ill and criminals from getting guns..........well no **** the majority will say Yes, what they DONT ask is the follow up and that is, are you in favor of the registration needed for this to properly work....... if they did they would find the vast majority not supporting.

Its all B.S. to sway the sheep who are to stupid to think for themselves

Forget statistics. Let's talk facts.

The fact of the matter is that in US vs Miller the USSC ruled that the type of firearm protected by the 2A is the type useful to the military.

The fact of the matter is that in Heller vs DC the USSC ruled that firearms in common use cannot be banned.

The fact of the matter is that in McDonald vs Chicago the USSC ruled that the same rulings apply to the states. They also ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is fundamental. Any law will be evaluated on that basis.

An assault weapons ban is unconstitutional. Arbitrary pulling of a license which allows you to keep and bear arms is unconstitutional (but has yet to be challenged), In fact, ANY prerequisite for the keeping and bearing of arms by the state is unconstitutional (but has yet to be challenged). In fact, ANY process which hinders the free exercise of the Second Amendment is unconstitutional.

Congress has been too divided for far too long to stand any chance of overruling the USSC's decision, essentially making the Justices the final arbiter.

These are ALL facts (except two are implicit conclusions), and are therefore USELESS for convincing a liberal gun grabber as to why THEIR current efforts are USELESS, unfortunately.

Old News, But -

From our illustrious temporary Senator Cowan's press release, I think this proves the figure is skewed, courtesy of MAIG's "key 41 congressional districts" (and no doubt the NRA members in those districts too..):

"A recent poll by Mayors Against Illegal Guns found that in 41 key congressional districts across the nation, 89 percent of likely voters are in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales in addition to 82 percent of gun owners – including 74 percent of National Rifle Association members who endorsed mandatory criminal background checks for anyone purchasing a gun."

Press Release | Press Releases | Press | U.S. Senator William 'Mo' Cowan of Massachusetts

some of the survey results are equally suspect IMO, 400-600 respondents for an entire state, with a margin of error up to 4%

Demand Action - Polls

You know right there that the polling is complete BS. A national poll costs x amount, doing a poll of 50 individual states will cost more, polling by congressional districts very expensive, hard to do, and not very accurate since the samples in each district would be small.

They did not poll by district. Pure BS

90% of who exactly?? I have never been polled. If I was, I would tell them to shove it up their ass.

I was polled about teachers once and the questions were the craftiest things I'd ever witnessed. ntom is right. Take a hard stance against the pollsters. I don't give a crap what any pollster asks me or how the question is crafted, the answer is, "No. No laws of any type restricting gun ownership. The majority of armed Americans are good people and things will sort themselves out."

I was polled about teachers once and the questions were the craftiest things I'd ever witnessed. ntom is right. Take a hard stance against the pollsters. I don't give a crap what any pollster asks me or how the question is crafted, the answer is, "No. No laws of any type restricting gun ownership. The majority of armed Americans are good people and things will sort themselves out."

You don't even need to be crafty to cook the poll. "do you favor universal background checks so terrorist and school shooters don't have access to guns". Polls by groups like MAIG are worthless. They cook the polls with the phrasing of questions and they are NEVER going to release poll results if the don't help the propaganda.

It's the same when a candidate releases an internal poll. Would they release a poll that showed them down by 20%? Nope. They releases selectively. I'm sure there have been really bad polls MAIG has taken and you'll never hear about those. I guarantee the used earlier polls to learn how to construct the next polls questions. They probably focus group the issues too to see how to juice messages, questions, etc.

It's all propaganda so the end number is the only thing that matters, they are not trying to gauge the real support level.

That is hilarious!!!

Should the federal government regulate guns of any types?
Yes, it should 400,204(23%)
No, it should not 1,278,815(76%)

Should Congress ban semi-automatic weapons?
Yes, it should 1,341,442(79%)
No, it should not 336,413(20%)

People are so stupid. Those results mean that at least 56% of those people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. (79% in favor of SAB minus the 23% in favor of any federal gun regulation.) What idiots.

I'm sitting here at the Admerals Club and they have MSNBC keeps throwing out 90% of America wants/strongly in favor for gun control.

Sound better than the 15% it actually is when your pushing Odumbo's Agenda

What they probably never include is that "this would necessitate a national registry of firearms and owners." If they said this, then the number would collapse.

Back
Top Bottom