• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8mm Bores

Patriot

NES Member
I'm looking to buy a .32 Win Spl adapter for my Giraud case trimmer and they do not have one. They do have a 8mm
one and although a true 8mm is ~.315" I've poked around on the net and there is conflicting info on the actual groove
size of the 8mm bore. Does anyone know what the current 'standard' 8mm groove size is? (Hoping it is .323"!)

The Giraud collet needs to match the shoulder of the case. If you send them a case, they'll make you an adapter.

You can easily reset the cutter to trim any diameter you want.

The Giraud collet needs to match the shoulder of the case. If you send them a case, they'll make you an adapter.

You can easily reset the cutter to trim any diameter you want.

Thanks EC. I called them and they said that they will make me an adapter if I front the $30 reamer cost. Looking at it further I notice that they
do have a 30-30 which is much closed than the 8mm. The .32 Win Spl is essentially a necked up version of the 30-30. The guy is going to call
me back and I will discuss it with him. If the 30-30 doesn't work I will just sent him the dough to make me the .32 Win Spl version.

I don't think the .30-30 will work. The collet is like a chamber end. A little bit of the case body, plus the shoulder and neck need to fit it like a glove.

I agree. Don't buy the extra cutter, just adjust the one you already have.

There's a small set screw that holds the carbide cutter in place. Loosen that, and move the carbide left or right until you center it on the brass. That way, you'll get perfectly chamfered brass. Takes but two minutes. Takes just as long to change out the damn cutter. It's nice to have a spare for a back up, but you don't need more than one spare. Each carbide has multiple cutting edges also. I have yet to even rotate my first one.

Back
Top Bottom