1960's 8mm mil surp ammo

I have several hundred rounds of 8mm mil surp that have been either duds or hang fires. So my question to anyone is, are these worth using for reloading just the bullets? I have been getting solid primer strikes on the rounds, but it gets a little nerve racking holding the rifle down range for a minute or more, to see if the round will fire. Any comments are appreciated.

Been in your position .....well I pulled down several with a puller. I did load the bullets. They where 172 grain boat tails. Shot well. I later said screw it. Posted it at club for. 20 cents per round with a note explaining they are duds and for salvage only. Sold the next day. Guy was tickled with joy. Maybe he knew something I didnt???.

If the primers are ng, why not reuse both the power and the projo in a different case? 8mm isn't as cheap as it used to be.

You can download the powder by 10% if you feel weirded out by it. If they're mixed headstamp, do it one at a time because they could have different powders in them. I have some mixed 40's/50's Czech (I think) that has examples of both stick and glass-cut flake powder. Match-grade! [wink]

I have lots of 8mm ammo with the same problem. I pull the bullets and load the powder and bullets into boxer primed cases with new primers.

Back
Top Bottom