• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.30-06/8mm reload offer

If you are looking for a few boxes of .30-06 or 8x57mm ammo, why not make it yourself.
Until my limited brass supplies are exhausted, you are welcome to come roll your own at my bench. Live-fire onsite (only 40 yards, but adequate for test firing). I will charge you for all of the components I provide, but my instruction/assistance is free.
This is not a group invitation, nor will it be a thousand round production run.
Offer will not be available for long.

That's a very generous and altruistic offer and I applaud you but don't forget the saying "no good deed goes unpunished". Some nitwit may wreck his gun and/or hurt himself and decide to sue you. Some people have a limitless capacity for being shitheads.

I'm already doing this for trusted close friends. Not only am I coaching friends on how to handload, i'm giving my friends free primers (they reimburse me for the bullets and powder). Keep in mind this "could" be a huge liability. No way would I engage in reloading activities with total strangers (internet forum buddies or not ). What happens if your new reloading buddy loads up 50 rounds of 9mm h/p's and a month later decides to shoot someone in a proclaimed "self defense " situation using the ammo he loaded at your residence ? It's a great thing to want to be helpfull to others but think the whole thing through first....

I guess we should listen to the naysayers and stop giving advice on the internet in case someone blames us for something they do wrong...

Firing 30-06 on a 40yard range is the only part I might question - but I don't know his setup and he may have a backstop high enough to resist an idiot.

Helping someone reload through instruction and use of tools - not too high on the risk list.
Especially if he has them use commercial bullets and published load data.

I have personally taken said ride down before. Beautiful piece of property, and OP was more than gracious with his supplies and time. the range setup was awesome, right next to the garage. If it wasn't such a long round trip, I'd head down again myself! had fun with the Arisaka last time I was down there👍

hope you, and I believe your mom(?). are doing well @NavelOfficer

I have personally taken said ride down before. Beautiful piece of property, and OP was more than gracious with his supplies and time. the range setup was awesome, right next to the garage. If it wasn't such a long round trip, I'd head down again myself! had fun with the Arisaka last time I was down there👍

hope you, and I believe your mom(?). are doing well @NavelOfficer
Actually, I've moved (after my mom died and we sold the house). Thank you for asking.
The current range is nowhere as nice, but it has an earthen berm of decent bulk. Slow fire off the barrel, even offhand, does not pose a great risk of rounds going astray. There are about two miles of woods behind the berm, as well. If I have a shooter that can't keep his shots on paper (B-27) at 40 yards, shooting will cease, believe me.

Incidentally, the M-16A2/M16A4 and M4 Carbine "25 Meter Zeroing Target" looks to only require 25 yards, oops, meters. If you want long range shooting, join a club like Granby and such. 'Nuf said...

Attached pic is the former location's pistol pit...
... and my proprietary water-stabilized shooting platform/barrel.
Water-filled cans are a hoot, too.

Attachments

• PPC1a.jpg
    PPC1a.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 11
  • swiss100m1.jpg
    swiss100m1.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 10
  • canb.jpg
    canb.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Awesome offer Sir! Someone shitting on you helping others is only a sign of the type of people we live around in this part of the country. Hope this doesn’t discourage you.

Thank you Sir. Found this interesting.

Taronis doesn't seem to have any operations/distributors in the Northeast, but MagneGas looks like a better alternative to acetylene.
If you looked at some of the media hype, you'll note that they have been doing some business in Turkey.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom