• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

86 MG Ban Challenged in Tx Fed Court: Jay Aubrey Isaac Hollis v AG Holder and ATF

I was picturing what would happen in MA if the 86 ban got overturned earlier. They'd leave the AWB in place so that you'd wind up with a rash of newly converted FA AR's with pinned muzzle brakes and ground off bayonet lugs....lol. :cool:

I was picturing what would happen in MA if the 86 ban got overturned earlier. They'd leave the AWB in place so that you'd wind up with a rash of newly converted FA AR's with pinned muzzle brakes and ground off bayonet lugs....lol. :cool:

Yeah. FA with a 10 round mag.

You forgot the 10 round magazines. (yes i know we can get pre-ban, but its more amusing thinking about a 10rd pmag in your FA AR)

Maybe this is all part of the plan. Start banning popular rounds and then pull the restrictions on FA guns so that we shoot it all up faster. [laugh]

You forgot the 10 round magazines. (yes i know we can get pre-ban, but its more amusing thinking about a 10rd pmag in your FA AR)

Especially if the supply of 10 round mags dries up somehow. I can imagine going to the range with something FA and like three 10 round mags. 10 minutes later: "Ok, my thumbs are sore...this sucks...lets go home."

Is belt-fed MA OK?

not only it's OK, it's encouraged

Isn't there some stupid rule about the belts being counted as magazines and having to be "pre-ban"?? Am I imagining things?

for linked belts, you can not link more than 10 links at a time. However there are plenty of 75, 100 and even bigger pre-ban belts that are cheap surplus and shoot non-fruity calibers

MG42s will not sell for $10K. They are a WWII collectible. You might see the price drop a little (like $10K) but not as much as you suggest IMHO.

However, this will cause a new (or old) company to manufacture NEW MG42's to the public. Those ones will be far cheaper since they do not have the "physically rare and collectible" aspect.

West I'm talking about. I have 3 complete mg42 kits, plus a couple donor receiver chunks I'd love to bring back to their original spender, than turning to a neutered semi.

Maybe this will force the realization that semi auto rifles are NOT assault rifles as now we're really talking about actual assault rifles... So scary...

AA

best reason for MGs:

bouncy-boobies.gif

Nope, the AWB only applies to semi-automatic stuff. Full auto is not mentioned, and so full auto guns aren't covered. Magazines are still covered though.

I love boobies but...
[offtopic]
How long are we anticipating before getting some kind of news on anything further?
Ar15.com has the real thread on this. I don't understand the process but it appears to me to be a ways off and will only apply to 2 districts in PA and Texas where the cases are filed. The arfcom thread is like 80 pages long and I am not a lawyer and won't pretend to be one.

I love boobies but...
[offtopic]
How long are we anticipating before getting some kind of news on anything further?

A typical case takes 4+ years to get to SCOTUS and even then SCOTUS can decide to not hear the case. This case was just filed in District court so it has a long ways to go.

Back
Top Bottom