• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8 year old stabbed in NY

Sometimes I seriously long for frontier justice. If we lived in a perfect world, the perp would have been walked outside and shot on the spot. We could hear stories later about how he was a great guy who was just off his meds, etc. but the problem would have already been cleanly and clearly solved.

I might have pushed that knife into his eye socket, just to keep it in a safe place, before tending to my son's wounds.

I'll be honest, I would have killed that guy in a fit of rage if he did that to my precious daughter.

When rage takes over me, it is not good.

You don't have children, do you?

It's a rage like you cannot even imagine.
+1

I have 3 kids and I shuddered when I saw the story. The little boy crawling to his mother... I wouldn't need a firearm. Not even Jesus could save him from me.

you missed the point!

We all know people get very violent and dangerous when in a rage.

The point is that I think there is a special and unique kind of blind anger that falls over a father when someone hurts their child.

Ever seen the clips of fathers who lose it in courtrooms and go berserk on the accused? Multiply that by the factor of actually seeing your child bleeding stabbed and bleeding right in front of you.

You don't have children, do you?

It's a rage like you cannot even imagine.

I don't even think rage adequately describes it. It's more of a primal, instinctual reaction that completely controls you. Just like a bear protecting her cubs, if someone suspicious even get's near my kids there's a serious problem.

Stories like that nauseate me, because as soon as I hear it I can feel the juices start flowing. As awful as it may sound, it's actually sometime's a good feeling to know that I have that inside me. There are very few things that would cause me to become violent, and that's definitely at the top of the list.

We all know people get very violent and dangerous when in a rage.

The point is that I think there is a special and unique kind of blind anger that falls over a father when someone hurts their child.

Ever seen the clips of fathers who lose it in courtrooms and go berserk on the accused? Multiply that by the factor of actually seeing your child bleeding stabbed and bleeding right in front of you.

You missed it again [rofl]

My not so clear point is that an incredibly large percentage of your posts have you bragging about how scary, strong, tough, skilled or smart you are.

Silly!

::grabs popcorn, waiting for disco::

Disco-02-june.gif

The visual of a little boy, my daughter's age, crawling back to his mom trailing blood from a hole in his back is haunting me and really, really bothering me.

I can't shake this today......

I would have saved the taxpayer some money

Not so sure about that. If NY is anything like MA, you'd be the one costing the taxpayers money. If it were my kid, I'd gladly be costing the taxpayers money after something like that...

We as a society allow people to do this. We fail children. More people carry, and they stop this horrendous event from happening, period. Our society needs to grow the f*** up.

We as a society allow people to do this. We fail children. More people carry, and they stop this horrendous event from happening, period.
I would like to say I agree with you, but until you have been in this situation, you don't know how you will react, and even if taking a shot is possible(it wasn't). I don't remember most of it.

Back
Top Bottom