7mm br locally?

Was it ever commercially produced? That is a very uncommon target round; never really caught on.

Was it ever commercially produced? That is a very uncommon target round; never really caught on.

I haven't the foggiest idea. I am totally unfamiliar with the cartridge. Apparently it was made for a benchrest pistol? A friend asked me to keep an eye out for his father, but the guy reloads so fortunately he has an avenue if none can be found.

I can't even find 35 Remington!

Come down towards Foxwoods and you can shoot my .35 Remington reloads on the premises.

As for 7mm BR, I don't have ammo, but I do have some reloaded .22 BR and 6mm BR in 220 Russian brass (Sako, I think). 7mm BR appears to be from the same parent case. It's older stock, but I have no use for it. I won't guarantee it won't split, but it might get you started (I don't reload 7mm BR).

Remington Bench Rest based ammo is not the same case as the .220 Russian. It uses the same head size as .308 (.473)
7MM BR can be loaded using Lapua 6 BR brass, just neck it up.
The Midway link states out of stock, no expected delivery date, or a reasonable facsimile.

Thanks to a very generous forum member I was able to get my friend's father about 300 factory casings, as well as resizing and bullet seating dies for a very reasonable price.

He was also wondering about powder and bullet selection for the cartridge. I have some load data in my Lyman 49th Manual, but I don't reload any .30 caliber rifle cartridges besides .30-40 Krag. Does anyone have some insight on what bullet weights and powders are/were popular for 7mm BR?

Pretty much any fastish to mediumish burning rate rifle powder, will work. As to bullets, you can make anything work it just depends on what you want to do. You know those annual Hodgdon manuals? I'm looking at the 2010 edition right now, with information for a 14" barrel-sounds like an XP or Contender to me. Anyway, they have data for bullets from 100 grain to 168 grain. That's 9 different bullet weights and there is at least 4 different, up to 9 different powders per bullet. All told, well over 40 combinations. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom