700 LTR recoil pad

Just wondering if anyone here has replaced a recoil pad on a Rem700 LTR? I bought mine lightly used a few years ago an it seams like at some point the stock pad which is glued to the stock came in contact with something that started to eat at it. It started as a small sticky spot that has grown bigger and sticks to anything as well as leaves a little of the rubber behind. It has ruined a couple cases. So I cut the old one off and put a Limb Saver slip on pad on it which I can't stand. I like there pads just not the slip on ones. I borrowed a pad of of a couple other 700's I have and they not fit. I traced the end of the stock and am going to o to Bass Pro or Cabelas and see if I can match it up unless someone here can save me the trouble and let me know what fits o I can order it. I know I can get a "grind to fit" but figured I would try to find one that is an exact fit first.

Can't be done. I'll give you $100 for the rifle. [grin]
That's not a Remington stock. I believe it's from HS Precision. They should sell you a replacement, give you the dimensions or send you to a source. If Cabela and BP can't help, try Pachmayr or the Midway or Brownell catalogs.

Call Remington, I had the same problem and they shipped me a new one within a week or so,n/c.
They are aware of the problem. Two screws and you are good to go.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom