Remington 700 SA rail. HELP

I am trying to figure out how to mount my ATN x-sight II on my remington SPS tactical in .300 blk. With it mounted all the way rearward on my 1913 rail its at least 3"-4" from my eye. Is there a rail that is extended rearward for short eye relief. The x-sight has a rubber cup for your eye to rest against. Anyone have a solution?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Are you using a one piece or two piece base ? I have a 700 short action in 308 winchester that my scope just ran out of height adjustment after doing some research I purchased a picatinny base from Badger Ordnance that worked quite well. They make that base in various heights and uses Weaver style rings and is made of steel,rather than aluminum downside it's not cheap. Have you tried some type of extended rings.

Are you using a one piece or two piece base ? I have a 700 short action in 308 winchester that my scope just ran out of height adjustment after doing some research I purchased a picatinny base from Badger Ordnance that worked quite well. They make that base in various heights and uses Weaver style rings and is made of steel,rather than aluminum downside it's not cheap. Have you tried some type of extended rings.
One piece picatinny. The ATN x-sight doesnt use rings.

Let your eyeballs do the searching... Google images search for "remington 700 short eye relief" (without the quotes) and pick likely looking rails. The first one that came up:

http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/PRI-02-216-1X.html

(No idea why MountsPlus groups this product under their "AR 15 scope rings" category... Just goes to show the power of google image search!)

As I recall my base is flush with the rear bridge allowing the bolt clearence but extends an inch or so over the barrel. I was not fimiliar with the ATN scopes.

Let your eyeballs do the searching... Google images search for "remington 700 short eye relief" (without the quotes) and pick likely looking rails. The first one that came up:

http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/PRI-02-216-1X.html

(No idea why MountsPlus groups this product under their "AR 15 scope rings" category... Just goes to show the power of google image search!)
Already did that and found these. Its only 1.5" rear relief. I need 3 to4"

I am trying to figure out how to mount my ATN x-sight II on my remington SPS tactical in .300 blk. With it mounted all the way rearward on my 1913 rail its at least 3"-4" from my eye. Is there a rail that is extended rearward for short eye relief. The x-sight has a rubber cup for your eye to rest against. Anyone have a solution?

Why are you dead set on having your eye ball up on the cup....I can't see this being the design... plus you will get scope eye as that rubber cup is not very long by the pictures.

I will say that scope does a lot for 500$.... more features than my phone!

Can you buy a pic rail say 4" long and just mount it rear mounting holes and extend the scope to the rear.

Last edited:
Why are you dead set on having your eye ball up on the cup....I can't see this being the design... plus you will get scope eye as that rubber cup is not very long by the pictures.

I will say that scope does a lot for 500$.... more features than my phone!

Can you buy a pic rail say 4" long and just mount it rear mounting holes and extend the scope to the rear.
Whenever you look into the scope. You are just looking at a miniature tv screen. So the closer you are the better it looks. Plus there are a bunch of on screen features like elevation of hold. Range to target and can't angle you are holding the rifle all on screen. On an AR or even my PTR 91. It's no problem. But here in PA you can't hunt with a semi auto. So I am trying to get it fitted to the 700. The other nice point is that I can zero from my phone as well as have multiple zero profiles. So if I switch rifles. Switch zero profile and go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Whenever you look into the scope. You are just looking at a miniature tv screen. So the closer you are the better it looks. Plus there are a bunch of on screen features like elevation of hold. Range to target and can't angle you are holding the rifle all on screen. On an AR or even my PTR 91. It's no problem. But here in PA you can't hunt with a semi auto. So I am trying to get it fitted to the 700. The other nice point is that I can zero from my phone as well as have multiple zero profiles. So if I switch rifles. Switch zero profile and go.

understood ....... seems like a lot going on for a hunting scope. I actually like this scope only thing i see is the reticle does not show up on the phone view. This would be very cool.
Maybe at 45 im just old school but a nice compact 3-9 30/30 duplex reticle is about all you need for hunting. Zero it for 2" high at 100 yards and you can "hit" the kill zone out to about 300 yards? As much as i like technology simple is best sometimes.
Im stumped at how much they cram into that scope for technology for 600$ also a bit weary how well it works at that price point.... like to see how you make out and range report...
its funny the Adds for the ATN show normal eye relief distances.

understood ....... seems like a lot going on for a hunting scope. I actually like this scope only thing i see is the reticle does not show up on the phone view. This would be very cool.
Maybe at 45 im just old school but a nice compact 3-9 30/30 duplex reticle is about all you need for hunting. Zero it for 2" high at 100 yards and you can "hit" the kill zone out to about 300 yards? As much as i like technology simple is best sometimes.
Im stumped at how much they cram into that scope for technology for 600$ also a bit weary how well it works at that price point.... like to see how you make out and range report...
its funny the Adds for the ATN show normal eye relief distances.
Actually the reticle does show up on the phone. It's in the firmware update. As well as some other changes. It works really well. With the stock IR emitter. 100 yds is nothing in night vision mode. You start reaching limits at about 150 yd. With a good aftermarket IR emitter 300 yds is accomplishable. Daytime works well too. There are 8? Different reticles you can choose from. Now. As with anything electronic when you zoom things do become pixelated and cuts down the clarity. But at full zoom at 100 yds I could still make a clear shot on a 6" rifle target. As with anything. It has pros and cons. But for the price point it's an incredible piece of equipment. And with being able to see on my phone it makes it easy fpr breaking down aiming to my 3 and 5 year old teaching them how to use optics.

Actually the reticle does show up on the phone. It's in the firmware update. As well as some other changes. It works really well. With the stock IR emitter. 100 yds is nothing in night vision mode. You start reaching limits at about 150 yd. With a good aftermarket IR emitter 300 yds is accomplishable. Daytime works well too. There are 8? Different reticles you can choose from. Now. As with anything electronic when you zoom things do become pixelated and cuts down the clarity. But at full zoom at 100 yds I could still make a clear shot on a 6" rifle target. As with anything. It has pros and cons. But for the price point it's an incredible piece of equipment. And with being able to see on my phone it makes it easy fpr breaking down aiming to my 3 and 5 year old teaching them how to use optics.

my thoughts exactly on that scope.... As for the kids throw that technical shit out the window and go with good old iron sights ....... theres my old school part of me kicking in

I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but wouldn't an AR cantilever do what you need if you mount it backwards? Just a thought.

The base is built into the scope. That's why a cantilever does not work. I picked up a 4" bridge rail at a gun show. I'm not crazy about it. And I thought it might allow flex but it seems to work out ok

240beb6a584af097bff972319b59c42e.jpg

The base is built into the scope. That's why a cantilever does not work. I picked up a 4" bridge rail at a gun show. I'm not crazy about it. And I thought it might allow flex but it seems to work out ok

240beb6a584af097bff972319b59c42e.jpg

take the one piece mount and move it back to the rear mount holes and then cut to length.

Back
Top Bottom