7.62 x 54R Sources?

MaverickNH

NES Member
Looking for some milsurp 7.62 x 54R for my new Mosin Nagant 91/30.

AIM Surplus has a good deal, but is quoting 28 days ship backlog and shipping from 11Nov orders as of yesterday.

Around this time of any year, and especially this year, I'd expect delays. Order some, then get some from your local store to get by until it arrives.

Picked up a few boxes of 20 at Riley's - not too busy Friday morning there...

With a Sportsman's Guide $15 off coupon I got 880rd Bulgarian Light Ball for $170 shipped - not too bad.

I'll hit Pelham F&G tomorrow and sight in - I'll need to shim the PU scope a tad to get the reticle centered on my new Mosin Nagant sniper.

You definitely need to stock up, I just picked up a unopened wooden case with 2 spam cans of light ball in it (a total of 880 rounds). I also have a unopened can of heavy ball and a opened but not shot any of it can of heavy ball (880 more rounds).

And I told my parents I need to go buy some more heavy ball [smile].

And I told my parents I need to go buy some more heavy ball [smile].

Parents?? My wife finally asked what all the wood crates are stacked in the basement. I told her just some of my stuff. That was good enough. I've been paying about $130.00+ $15.00 for cases of 7.62x54r. Still some great buys out there. jp

I need my parents to get the ammo since I am only 14.

I was not busting on you. We all have our cross to bare. I'm glad my second wife is nicer than my first (cuter too :) ). Wish I had your problems. If you and I meet at a shoot, I'll gladly share ammo w/ you. jp the ammo whore!

I doubt we'll see all the surplus 7.62x54r go away, although it'll drop in amount. It's still made and used in many countries.

WoW! I figured I would check it out!! Just paid 97.10 for a 440 can delivered! Worse yet, $291.00 shipped for a case (2160) of 5.45 Soviet. What happened in the last month?? I've been hording ammo, but this is nuts. 20 to 35% increase in ammo prices. I figured I needed more. I was paying $209.00 + 18.00 shipping for 5.45, and $75.00 for 7.62s54r. Oh that 15000 rounds looks good now. You guys should have jumped on the 7.62x51 a while back. jp

I shot 40rd of Bulgi Light Ball 148gr today - pretty sweet. Also, 20rd of Ruski Barnaul Heavy Ball 204gr - my shoulder will be black & blue tomorrow for sure. Metal buttplates - there's a fine idea...

I was not busting on you. We all have our cross to bare. I'm glad my second wife is nicer than my first (cuter too :) ). Wish I had your problems. If you and I meet at a shoot, I'll gladly share ammo w/ you. jp the ammo whore!

I wasnt insulted at all I was just explaining why, no problems here.

?

next time we meet up we can do that

One of the "bad" parts of a Soviet 91/30 or its' family is an inconsistancy in bore sizes. I've seen them from .310 to .313 with very strong lands and grooves. I have a 1942 that looks like a sewer pipe. All miss-matched, counterbored, but it shoots like a dream. I've been getting crude out of the bore for 2 years now. It has a "fuzzy" look to it from the next layer of crude being broken up. This one truely was not cleaned after it was made. $75.00 to build a few years ago. My sons came out real nice. Dench, you need to buy 5 or 6 so you have a back-up or 2. I'm up to 5 and my son has 4. I love 'em. Cheap enough also. jp

Back
Top Bottom