Canadian Enfield in 7.62?

Mountain

NES Member
Ran across one of these for a decent price. Need to go back and check barrel more closely but overall condition is pretty good.

Anyone know anything about these? Anything to look for specifically? Anything to avoid?

Thanks

Was it made in Canada?_ L42a1 where 7.62 IIRC

I know the ishapore 2a1 was built for 7.62 NATO from the get go.
Also did the Israeli rechamber to 7.62 like the K98s

As far as I know, made in Canada. Didn't have a good light for the bore. Seemed OK, but I'd want to look more closely before deciding. Nice trigger on it.

Look on the left side of the action body and you will find the factory code. LONG BRANCH is what I found for Canada. That would make it a No. 4 Mk1* Long Branch 1942-45; 1949-56. Also, the serial number Prefix should be 0L thru 95L.

If you find different marking post here and I will look then up. Hope this helps.

Mountain has the unfortunate circumstance of having been born with a SHORT BRANCH.

Mountain you should just tell the rest of us where this rifle is so we can do our due diligence to identify the correct markings...maybe we'll even let you shoot it sometime.

...maybe

If the rear sight is above the bolt then it is a No. 4. If he rear sight is on top of the barrel then it is a No. 1.

They are No4Mk1*s which Longbranch made in limited numbers and there were commericial conversion kits as well in Canada and the UK. Fazakerly in the UK made a few No4Mk2s in 7.62 as well, but these were very limited in number because of the adoption of the FAL. Shortly thereafter the machinery was sold to Pakistan. =(

No4Mk2 Lees in 7.62 are the bees knees and I wish someone made a modern mass production version, as the milsurps are going to wear out eventually, and the only company making modern Lee actions is now is a small shop in the UK for thousands of quid.

Mountain has the unfortunate circumstance of having been born with a SHORT BRANCH.

Mountain you should just tell the rest of us where this rifle is so we can do our due diligence to identify the correct markings...maybe we'll even let you shoot it sometime.

...maybe

Better to have a short branch than a short root, Dakar. :p

Nevermind the location Dakar, it's not what I thought. It is 7.62 but seems to be some sort of sporter or target conversion with 'L42A1' markings or something like that, I may have the numbers wrong. Now I know why the price is so cheap...

Nevermind the location Dakar, it's not what I thought. It is 7.62 but seems to be some sort of sporter or target conversion with 'L42A1' markings or something like that, I may have the numbers wrong. Now I know why the price is so cheap...
Should have snagged it if cheap enough
No pics ?

Back
Top Bottom