$69 for an NFA Gun Trust from 199trust.com

I just used 199 (paid 99). I am very tough customer but these guys made it easy. Got the trust back within 24 hours.
Very recommended.

I just went the 199trust route ( paid $99.00 ) and I will see how this works, I am hoping my house in MA sells fast so I can afford some new guns.

Anybody purchase one for you and say your wife? I'd also like to be able to amend it to include my children once they're adults. Can that be done with one of these El Cheapo Trusts?

And the Tavor is shorter than almost all AR15 SBRs, unless you get like a 7" barrel.
Like nearly every bullpup I own, every time I look at the Tavor, I think "This would be so much cooler if the barrel were just a few inches shorter. Of course, I could just chop the barrel to 14.5 and pin and weld an AAC brakeout on the end.

Can anyone recommend a notary for the 199 trust? South shore area.
If you're opening a trust bank account (not mandatory, but recommended), your banker will almost certainly be happy to provide a notary and witness(es), at no cost. TD bank is known to be good about NFA trust accounts.

Anybody purchase one for you and say your wife? I'd also like to be able to amend it to include my children once they're adults. Can that be done with one of these El Cheapo Trusts?
Maybe you want to add them as beneficiaries now? In most states, if your trust agreement does not name at least one beneficiary, the trust is not valid, and when a gun trust is used to register a NFA Title II weapon, every person named in the trust as a grantor, trustee, or beneficiary, may all have possession and control of the weapon. A well-written NFA trust will address the issues posed by minors as beneficiaries, now and when they come of age.

And the Tavor is shorter than almost all AR15 SBRs, unless you get like a 7" barrel.

I desire a 5inch 9mm AR with a PIG on the end. should be nice and short. Already have the mags for it.

Do I need to have witnesses come with me when having the trust notarized? Have to sign all documents in front of notary correct?

Last edited:
Do I need to have witnesses come with me when having the trust notarized? Have to sign all documents in front of notary correct?
I think that's what the notary is for, you basicly pay a professional witness while signing the documents.

I think that's what the notary is for, you basicly pay a professional witness while signing the documents.
On my form from 199trust there is a space for me to sign followed by a space for two witnesses followed by a spot for the notary. Once I figure that our I will finally submit my paperwork, payed for the trust in July. [rofl]

I want to SBR the Galil ACE pistol....

I desire a 5inch 9mm AR with a PIG on the end. should be nice and short. Already have the mags for it.

Both of those sound hawt.

I think the notary serves a separate function from being a witness. My trust papers had spots for the notary to notarize that my witnesses appeared before them with such and such ID.

I think the notary serves a separate function from being a witness. My trust papers had spots for the notary to notarize that my witnesses appeared before them with such and such ID.
Correct. When I opened my trust bank account, they called over a teller for a witness.

i wanted that little bit extra to make an anti's head explode so my trust is the mother's day trust.

dragged my mother and lady atilla's mother to the bank to be witnesses for the notary for the trust on mother's day.

And you are funding the account in order to pay for acquisitions to ensure there is no conflict over non trust purchases corretct?
Correct. [thread=151704]Possibly unnecessary[/thread], but it keeps the accounting clear, is very obvious what the trust owns.

If you're planning to file via eForms, I believe they still haven't set that up to work with a checking account, so not easy to do eForms and pay from the trust's account unless you get a debit card tied to the trust.

Correct. [thread=151704]Possibly unnecessary[/thread], but it keeps the accounting clear, is very obvious what the trust owns.

If you're planning to file via eForms, I believe they still haven't set that up to work with a checking account, so not easy to do eForms and pay from the trust's account unless you get a debit card tied to the trust.

My trust has assignment sheets where I (or someone else I allow) can give property to the trust. These sheets require witnesses, but do not have to be notarized (though you could have them notarized if you wanted). The ATF doesn't seem to have any issues with the trustee or settlor paying for the tax.

Just received my trust today and had a question for those of you who have recently e-filed your form 1. Did you also file the ATF form 5330.20 ?? My paperwork came back and it stated that lately the ATF had been requiring them to be submitted with trusts. Also, on the schedule A or assignment sheet should I list all that I plan on SBR'ing? Right now I just want to SBR my MP5 clone and hopefully next year my Uzi, but that is it for now as I'm fine with the barrel lengths of my AR's.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Damn, I feel like a kid at Christmas time just know that day is approaching.

Just received my trust today and had a question for those of you who have recently e-filed your form 1. Did you also file the ATF form 5330.20 ?? My paperwork came back and it stated that lately the ATF had been requiring them to be submitted with trusts.
ATF says no, 5330.20 is not required for any trust. See the September 17, 2013 eForms Bulletin, Page 2 “When the maker or transferee is a legal entity, Form 5330.20 (generally known as the non-immigrant alien certification) is not required.

Also, on the schedule A or assignment sheet should I list all that I plan on SBR'ing? Right now I just want to SBR my MP5 clone and hopefully next year my Uzi, but that is it for now as I'm fine with the barrel lengths of my AR's.
You don't want to list anything on Schedule A/Assignments that you don't have to; do not add the Uzi until you are actually ready to file for a tax stamp. Put only the item(s) you are SBR'ing, listed below any trust-owned items previously submitted or approved. If you are doing a Form 4, you don't add the new firearm to the trust Schedule A until after you get the stamp.

Back
Top Bottom