• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

63 Shootings in Chicago over long weekend

more proof that it's impossible for public safety officers, to do anything other than make a record of what happened. Nothing against any police at all, but until Ms. Cleio enlists as a public servant best pack to protect.

I was in the Chicago area for the last week. I decided to stay in Evanston and not venture into the city.

Chicago,
The idiots still living in Cook county get what they deserve. Chicago is proof gun control does not work. I say to hell with Illinois, (I live the first 22 years of my life there so I can say it). I will never move back.
smitty

How is this possible? Here was an article from just last month:

June 2 (Bloomberg) -- A Chicago ordinance banning handguns and automatic weapons within city limits was upheld by a U.S. Court of Appeals panel, which rejected a challenge by the National Rifle Association.

The unanimous three-judge panel ruled today that a U.S. Supreme Court decision last year, which recognized an individual right to bear arms under the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment, didn’t apply to states and municipalities.

“The Supreme Court has rebuffed requests to apply the second amendment to the states,” U.S. Circuit Judge Frank Easterbrook wrote, upholding lower court decisions last year to throw out suits against Chicago and its suburb of Oak Park, Illinois.

Now, I'm not sure how we can restrict ownership more than the existing complete ban, so we need an informational campaign too. I'm guessing what happened was many of these murderers assumed the NRA won the court challenge and that they were LEGALLY carrying. Had they known it was illegal to carry, I'm sure there wouldn't have been any murders.

Perhaps we need to form an educational outreach program to let inner city youth know about the recent court decisions so they can abide by the law better? Is there still time to get that added to the Federal budget?

The comments were not flattering to the anti gun crowd either but I did see one clueless leftie (from Mexico) no less talking about the NRA.

Apparently he was not aware that Mexico bans guns and how that works out so well for them as well.[rofl]

Perhaps we need to form an educational outreach program to let inner city youth know about the recent court decisions so they can abide by the law better? Is there still time to get that added to the Federal budget?

Probably, isn't it "pay as you go" now?

It probably is mostly a good thing, I'm sure most of them were gang/drug related. At least in Chicago they can't claim that there are law-abiding citizens doing the shooting, because there ARE none!

Only 63 shootings?
This low count is probably due to the economy.
The high price and scarce availability of ammo have caused people to conserve their bullets.

Still waiting on some good news to offset the absolute suck that has been the weather lately [sad]

Back
Top Bottom