• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6.5 Creedmoor

1903Collector

NES Member
I got all my reloading goodies on the way for 6.5 Creedmoor.

so can anyone recommend some good recipes to start with? I load 6.5 Grendel so I have 108gr, 120gr, 123gr and 129gr bullets on hand with 140s inbound.

Thanks

I'm subscribing to this for when you find a good accuracy load. I'm thinking of getting a Ruger Precision Rifle in this caliber.

This is what I shoot and works well for me in my 28" 8 twist, and 10 twist, I have longer throats so I can set the bullets at the junction of where the neck ends and the shoulder begins. It allows more room for powder so you might not be able to fit as much powder as I do adjust accordingly, it is basically the same loads I use in my 260Rem but not my 260 Rem Ackley.

Dean
RL17 can be substituted with H4350 less FPS
RL19 can be substituted with Hybrid HV100

95 Vmax 48gr RL17 3500fps + Col 2.750 or

107 Sierra's 47gr RL17 3300fps + Col 2.850 or

120s All 46gr RL17 3100fps + Col 2.850 or

123 same ---------------------------------------

129s 43gr RL19 3000fps + Col 2.850
130s Same -----------------------------------

140s 42gr RL19 2900fps + Col 2.850

142s Same -------------------------------------

Last edited:
I'm subscribing to this for when you find a good accuracy load. I'm thinking of getting a Ruger Precision Rifle in this caliber.
That's what I got, Still have to glass it up, I have a Burris XTR2 with a Larue mount on my Grendel build and will probably put the same set up on this gun as I have gotten used to that setup, a Nightforce is tempting me though. I got the Redding Ntl match die set in today, I picked this set because it comes with competition seat die. Still waiting for case gages and trimmer holders to come in. Only brass I could get hold of was Norma (ouch$$).
This is what I shoot and works well for me in my 28" 8 twist, and 10 twist, I have longer throats so I can set the bullets at the junction of where the neck ends and the shoulder begins. It allows more room for powder so you might not be able to fit as much powder as I do adjust accordingly, it is basically the same loads I use in my 260Rem but not my 260 Rem Ackley.

Dean
RL17 can be substituted with H4350 less FPS
RL19 can be substituted with Hybrid HV100

95 Vmax 48gr RL17 3500fps + Col 2.750 or

107 Sierra's 47gr RL17 3300fps + Col 2.850 or

120s All 46gr RL17 3100fps + Col 2.850 or

123 same ---------------------------------------

129s 43gr RL19 3000fps + Col 2.850
130s Same -----------------------------------

140s 42gr RL19 2900fps + Col 2.850

142s Same -------------------------------------

Thanks Dean, I have some Rx19 around somewhere, good as place as any to start. What are you using for the A-MAX for the 123s and SST for the 129s? I picked the LNL modified case so I can figure out how far I can push them out.

Do it! D&L in Warwick RI can probably get you one in less than a week and under $1,200 for a small deposit. Shipping and transfer will offset taxes. If you hate it, sell it on Gunbroker and make a few bucks. Win win.

I just picked up a ruger precision at Shooting Supply in Westport in 6.5 creedmoor now i have to gear up with component's and glass.

I just picked up a ruger precision at Shooting Supply in Westport in 6.5 creedmoor now i have to gear up with component's and glass.

I bought factory Hornady ammo to start with brass. Now just need a jug of 4350 and some of those fancy new ELDs.

So all you guys who got one or are thinking about it,

When I got mine home I gave it the once over, overall very nice but, I noticed the rail was not centered around the barrel, left to right not up and down. Now this probably won't effect anything but I am moderately OCD and this will just fester and piss me off. I loosened up the mounting screws on the Sampson rail and played around with it for a while, I also removed the set screw because when I tightened the screw it seems to cant the rail although I cannot confirm this. I got it better but it's trial and error and you need to be patient. Again if it even bothers you and your rifle may be fine.

I also tried some m14 mags, they do fit but are kind of loose and you cannot close the bolt on an empty mag because the lug hits the follower and I don't have any ammo yet for a function test, but it's the same with the P-mags that came with the gun. I saw a post on another forum where someone said the M14 mags would lock in but they would fall out under recoil, so we'll see. I'm still a couple of weeks away from getting this puppy to the range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom