6.5 grenbel loads/cast bullets

I've acquired a few bolt guns in 6.5 grendel and would like to shoot cast bullets out of them problem is I can't find any data on powders,bullets etc. Cast Boolits site no good,6.5 grendel forum doesn't seem to exist every link I try says no such place. The grendel case capacity is the same as the parent case 7.62x39,figured I could use the lead bullet data for the 7.62 in the 6.5 using Unique. Figure the 125 gr gc and 8 gr Unque is as good a place to start. Anyone shooting cast as well?

A couple of hints on the interwebs pointing towards an NOE mold running around 2kFPS

Coated and lubed should work to keep leading down until you can dial things in

Have you looked at HiTek?
I haven't powder coated but HiTek works well and doesn't add much diameter.
Once cured, it stayed intact even in the melt pot.

I've acquired a few bolt guns in 6.5 grendel and would like to shoot cast bullets out of them problem is I can't find any data on powders,bullets etc. Cast Boolits site no good,6.5 grendel forum doesn't seem to exist every link I try says no such place. The grendel case capacity is the same as the parent case 7.62x39,figured I could use the lead bullet data for the 7.62 in the 6.5 using Unique. Figure the 125 gr gc and 8 gr Unque is as good a place to start. Anyone shooting cast as well?
Do you have the cast bullet specs/dimensions ? barrel length?
1mm smaller will have some changes in pressure im sure.
If you can get some info on the bullet and idea of seating depth I can run the info through Quick loads.
Trail boss will make some very soft shooting loads and its easy to use. You just fill the case to the base of the bullet and thats your max load. H4895 might work well also. Instructions in the link below.

You can call powder and bullet manufactures to get other load data that may not be listed.
I have come to like 2400 for my cast loads

Just keep in mind the pressure differences with that 1mm reduction. Poking around on QL between 125 grain 762x39 and 6.5 grendel shows some big changes with some powders.

Last edited:
Do you have the cast bullet specs/dimensions ? barrel length?
1mm smaller will have some changes in pressure im sure.
If you can get some info on the bullet and idea of seating depth I can run the info through Quick loads.
Trail boss will make some very soft shooting loads and its easy to use. You just fill the case to the base of the bullet and thats your max load. H4895 might work well also. Instructions in the link below.

You can call powder and bullet manufactures to get other load data that may not be listed.
I have come to like 2400 for my cast loads

Just keep in mind the pressure differences with that 1mm reduction. Poking around on QL between 125 grain 762x39 and 6.5 grendel shows some big changes with some powders.
Noe 126 grr rnfpgc casts at .267 size .266 bullet length .950,bearing surface length .270, barrel length 26 inches brass is either Starline or Remington srp. I realize pressure with different powders that's why I figured Unique and possibly It's near teon Universal Clay's. Have Red Dot on hand as well.

Noe 126 grr rnfpgc casts at .267 size .266 bullet length .950,bearing surface length .270, barrel length 26 inches brass is either Starline or Remington srp. I realize pressure with different powders that's why I figured Unique and possibly It's near teon Universal Clay's. Have Red Dot on hand as well.
unigue/red dot/ universal all work well in cast loads. even for rifle. now its just how fast do you want to push them ? Do you have a combined overall length yet ?

Hit the range yesterday with some rounds 125gr gas check 17 gr IMR 4198. 2 inch group at 25 yes but on cleaning the rifle no leading. CZ 527 28" barrel. Next I'll try same bullet but with 17.5 and 18 gr IMR 4198.

Back
Top Bottom