50 YEARS LICENSED - TODAY IS THE DAY

Parker Duofold

NES Member
I was first licensed as WN1EOT on May 26, 1965. I've always said 50 years of doing anything has got to at least be worth a mention. [grin]

I have also been an ARRL member for 50 years...I've heard nothing from the League yet. [party2]

Last edited:
[rockon][cheers]
Congratulations.

I'm trying to imagine how much the hobby has changed since 1965. The transistor was only 18 years old and the integrated circuit only 8 and the personal computer was about 15 years in the future. I'm guessing almost all rigs were tube rigs and people did a lot more home brewing. And of couse, ALL QSLing was done by mail.

I was first licensed as WN1EOT on June 26, 1965. I've always said 50 years of doing anything has got to at least be worth a mention. [grin]

I have also been an ARRL member for 50 years...I've heard nothing from the League yet. [party2]

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but it's not June yet.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but it's not June yet.

There's one in every crowd. [slap]

[laugh]

Whoops, today (May 26) is the day. What was I thinking? Old age!
I think I'll be on the old 40 meter Novice band later tonight using my Johnson Ranger and Drake 2B receiver. Yes, ham radio has changed a lot since 1965. My first setup was a Heathkit DX-60 transmitter (crystal control) and a National NC-190 receiver. I also built a hombrew transmitter with a 6L6 in the final using many old TV receiver parts and hand wound coils. It must have put 10 or 15 watts out.

Hi:
Memory is not what it used to be, but I believe I was issued K1YVI in late 1955 or 1956. Was stationed in Germany at the time, (55-58) as DL4ACO , later while in Formosa (61-63) I held BV1USB. In ( 65-68) I held SV0WII while stationed in Greece.
My Father passed away in 1978, I applied for his call, W1GDJ and got it, which I proudly hold til this day. My Son plans on applying for the call when I have no further use for it.

Arnaki

Back
Top Bottom