• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.50 Cal AR Brought To You By Beck Defense and Lancer Systems

looks nice, but if I can't source ammo locally, it's a non-starter for me.

You bring up a good point. I've got money stashed to get one of these but I hadn't even considered ammo. I assumed cabellas would have it but was there last weekend and didnt even bother to check.

But at 3 bucks a round I might just travel to NH and pick up enough to keep me busy for a few months.

Good point on ammo acquisition. Never mind ammo cost.

If you get a rifle in such an exotic caliber you better be either rich or you reload. If you're neither, you're a fool.

Walmart sells 50 BMG ammo. 40 bucks for ten I think. I don't know where to get the 510 ammo though. If people want a 50 cal ar platform rifle there is already the 50 Beowulf. You can also get a 50 BMG upper. I would love to own one but anything 50 is costly ammo-wise.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty versatile round, what are any thoughts on penetration of armor, just in case the zombies use some.

Meh. What I do want to see, is a 12 gauge AR. With the rising popularity of 308 ARs, I don’t think it would be a stretch. The length of a 308 is just about the same as a 2 3/4" shotgun shell.

Meh. What I do want to see, is a 12 gauge AR. With the rising popularity of 308 ARs, I don’t think it would be a stretch. The length of a 308 is just about the same as a 2 3/4" shotgun shell.
it would take some demand for a manufacturer to do it or you just need one of the guys here to build one.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar12-semi-auto-ar-15-platform-12ga-shotgun

These are fun as hell. I think they qualify as an AW in MA though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I figured out how to massify the vepr shotty

7cc46038c6cbd05c9ebef6ce9cff3499.jpg

b6808594c291db051f115362d23e5786.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

There is a ar looking 12g you can buy .

A company used to sell a 410 uppers for ar15 but the company importing folded . I contacted them a few months ago since I started seeing ads. They are looking for a company to import there gen 2 now.

What is the intended use for this gun? Just for fun? Protection from herds of attacking grizzlies? It seems cool but I don't know what I'd use it for.

If you are a free stater, check out the 12-16 shotgun... 16 rounds in a magazine of 4 4rd tubes. Best thing over the ksg types is that you can have as many mags as you want and changing them seems to quick...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

What is the intended use for this gun? Just for fun? Protection from herds of attacking grizzlies? It seems cool but I don't know what I'd use it for.
Mostly military like Stopping vehicles maybe. And it night be good in an Alien vs Predator situation. Awesome idea but expensive to shoot!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

[rofl]

That's funny. " I don't know what I'd use it for ". Ok - I get you , the NSA is watching......................

Back
Top Bottom