• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50 BMG in Walmart!

Just came from Walmart in Swansea and went and check the ammo cabinet as usual. They are selling 50 BMG for 39.97 a box! Didn't check how many rounds but box was pretty big. Maybe ten rounds? I was surprised to see 50 in walmart.

That's cool. I just thought Walmart catered more to sportsmen in terms of hunting. Not to mention I'm pretty sure there's no range capable of utilizing the affective range of the round. At least in Ma. Anyway. No rubs on anyone who has one. I'd love a piece in every caliber if it was feasible.

a buddy of mine bought a box and gave me one of the rounds just to put on display on my shelf.. they are awesome to look at I can only imagine how much fun they would be to shoot

a buddy of mine bought a box and gave me one of the rounds just to put on display on my shelf.. they are awesome to look at I can only imagine how much fun they would be to shoot
It's too bad nobody brings a 50BMG to the green member shoots. That would be fun.

(hint: I bring a 50BMG to members shoots)

Last edited:
That's cool. I just thought Walmart catered more to sportsmen in terms of hunting. Not to mention I'm pretty sure there's no range capable of utilizing the affective range of the round. At least in Ma. Anyway. No rubs on anyone who has one. I'd love a piece in every caliber if it was feasible.

there are a couple ranges around here that reach out. Devens has a 600meter range. it's not really pushing the limits of a 50, but its a hell of a lot better than 100-200Y

Holy crap - I'll try to check out the Framingham WalMart tomorrow (though Mass Firearms School also has 50BMG at $40 a box).

If I can make the next member's shoot, I'll bring my Serbu 50A semi - great fun. I generally charge $10 a round as a fund raiser for Comm2A, with 100% of the excess over ammo cost going to Comm2A. Have a blast and donate at the same time.

Framingham carries it.

Holy crap - I'll try to check out the Framingham WalMart tomorrow (though Mass Firearms School also has 50BMG at $40 a box).

If I can make the next member's shoot, I'll bring my Serbu 50A semi - great fun. I generally charge $10 a round as a fund raiser for Comm2A, with 100% of the excess over ammo cost going to Comm2A. Have a blast and donate at the same time.

What, don't they know any better!? Poor innocent defenseless buildings.

16967546605_efd6d50f9d_b.jpg

Grab some before the dipsh*ts ban it, it's for the buildings! [laugh]

It was my experience that it is one of least pleasant rifles I have ever fired.

Back
Top Bottom