• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart removing subsonic .22 from shelves

From a Reddit thread posted by a Walmart manager or worker not sure. Recall or because it’s subsonic?

Attachments

• IMG_3768.jpeg
    IMG_3768.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 120
Even when Walmart stopped selling, certain pistol and rifle ammo a while back they didn't pull it from the shelf, the blew it out for pennies on the dollar.
I

Thanks! Have to check mine. Always grabbed a box when at Walmart when shooting my “quieter” 🤣

They could just donate it to the Northampton MA Police Dept...........

Oh, just remembered the Northampton "Activists" will not let that happen. :mad:

I have mixed feeling about buying ammo from Walmart. Most of the walmarts in rural areas that I go into still stock the ammo that corporate allows them to. I don't buy much there but if I see a deal I'll get something once in a while. I wonder if it's really a good idea to essentially boycott walmart ammo as it might tank sales enough for them to stop all their stores from selling it? The more places in the US where ammo is sold the better.

I'm still waiting on the stats from how many lives' were saved by Walmart's decision to stop selling pistol and common rifle ammo.
I bet probably more lives then putting the arrows on the floors at Market Basket.
I used to shop in the Seabrook Walmart, the ammo was very cheap and you didn't pay Ma sales Tax. There was very nice gentleman that worked in sporting goods, he was friendly and helpful and always there, unlike Mass Walmart's where no-one was ever around OR no-one ever had the keys to the locked cases.
Mondays are my day off, no gun stores are open on Mondays so I often frequented ole Walmart for ammo.

Last edited:
Support your local gun store [mg]

My LGS is a fudd shop, so no thanks. I tried walking in there before buying my Canik from @Ferreira's Firearms. Easy to deal with guy btw. Told them if they could match the TP9 SF Elite he was gonna sell me for $350 OTD for $400 OTD, save me tolls and the 3 hour round trip, I'd rather buy from them. They said the cheapest they could do it was $450, $30 over retail. They were also trying to sell a used TP9 SFX for $600, $50 over retail on used gun. Then they tried switching me to a Stoeger (not a bad pistol) for $400 OTD when the tag was $350+ tax ($329 retail), and then lied to me about how easy it is to get mags. Stoeger had been out of stock on mags for the STR-9 for 2 months, and only recently coming back in stock. An entire year owning my only pistol with a single mag? no f***ing thanks.

Rich is sadly on hospice, and when he passes I will no longer have a reason to walk into R&R sports shop.

Back
Top Bottom