5.45 Uppers

I was at CT Shot that is just over the border from the Springfield area and they have Smith&Wesson 5.45 Uppers in stock. I think they had about four of em. Didnt see the price though.

The Shop is Riverview Sales in Windsor or East Windsor I forget. Exit 44 off I91

-DM-

The uppers did come with one mag and it looked to have a orange magpul 556 follower in it. Im sure some one can clarify that though.

They also had a couple cans of ammo as well

-DM-

Corrosive ammo = primers create a deposit that is essentially salt. If you allow that to sit in the barrel, it will attract moisture and encourage rusting. Normal cleaning or at the least a bore snake with Hoppes (Designed in part to dissolve these salts) will eliminate the issue.

Corrosive does not mean some active acid and your gun will die. It just means you can't neglect to clean it.

Just a little more cleaning... clean the bore and bolt after every use... no big deal.

Chris, I think Dench's question was intended to be rhetorical, since he does probably hold the record for the most corrosive 7.62x54r fired through a single Mosin in history.

Gas tube and any salts getting into the receiver shouldn't be an issue since they're aluminum, not steel.

Corrosive ammo = primers create a deposit that is essentially salt. If you allow that to sit in the barrel, it will attract moisture and encourage rusting. Normal cleaning or at the least a bore snake with Hoppes (Designed in part to dissolve these salts) will eliminate the issue.

Corrosive does not mean some active acid and your gun will die. It just means you can't neglect to clean it.

oh i know, i was just seeing what icy had to say about it. i shoot corrosive ammo all the time. i think a lot of people are under the assumption that its automatically going to do some massive level of damage to your rifle if you use it.

just clean it after use and no problem.

Back
Top Bottom