45ACP MA. legal

hi all. i was just wondering what kind of mass. compliant 45acp would be a good choice for a ccw. right now i carry a ruger p345 and i'm just not that happy with it. to many ftf out of the mags. i have 5 mags total that it happens with. sent it back to them twice! the second time they replaced the whole gun and managed to save the serial # off of the original. but it still does it. i have a .380, 9mm s&w that shoots flawlessly. i don't limp wrist with any of the guns i own. thanks as always for the help.

hi all. i was just wondering what kind of mass. compliant 45acp would be a good choice for a ccw. right now i carry a ruger p345 and i'm just not that happy with it. to many ftf out of the mags. i have 5 mags total that it happens with. sent it back to them twice! the second time they replaced the whole gun and managed to save the serial # off of the original. but it still does it. i have a .380, 9mm s&w that shoots flawlessly. i don't limp wrist with any of the guns i own. thanks as always for the help.

send it back to Ruger on THIER dime or demand a refund. use the $$$ to buy a new gun.

did you have anyone else shoot it? try different mags? isolate it to a particular mag? different ammo? clean it? i try to number my mags for this reason...

Unfortunate. I own a 345. When I first got her I had numerous FTF's. Sent it back to Ruger (on their dime). Once I got her back it goes boom
every time I pull the trigger. Great gun.

I carry a G21 SF -- the weight/size doesn't bother me.

I forget the movie but I remember a Tommy Lee Jones quote: "Get rid of that nickel-plated sissy s**t and buy a Glock. The damn thing will fire underwater. Hell you can put sand in it and it'll fire..."

Never had this thing FTF once in any of the 1000~ or so rounds I've put through it. Never had to clean it once.

Last edited:
i have a p345 and have not had one problem with it in the 16 months that i have owned it. i have over 1000 rounds through it, most of them being my reloads. i reload a hard cast 230 grain bullet (that i cast) and i use 5.0 grains of bullseye. i have shot 230 grain jacketed, 185grain semi wadcutter, and some 230grain hollow points(these are my self defense loads). the gun has been flawless and it is my carry gun 95% of the time. i am really suprised to hear that you have had all those problems with it. i cant think of anything to suggest at this time.

bob

Forget that Ma. compliant crap. Find a private seller in MA. selling a Dan Wesson CBOB,Les Baer Premier 2 or Nighthawk Custom. Those are real 45 acp's!

A little gun slick and 300-500 rounds should break it in. If you take the gun down to clean it rub some dry q-tips up and down the slide and rails. You might have a burr or 2 on there. The cotton will hang up on anything sharp. You can take the burrs down yourself with a fine stone (I use a small ceramic stone meant for honing knives) or mark them and have Ruger do it for you.

I have a Para P12 that I like. (cue all the Para haters telling us how unreliable they are...) They've got a nice line of .45s.

I forget the movie but I remember a Tommy Lee Jones quote: "Get rid of that nickel-plated sissy s**t and buy a Glock. The damn thing will fire underwater. Hell you can put sand in it and it'll fire..."

I want to say that it was The Fugitive. Either that or US Marshals.

Just throwing this put there.. Why does it have to be an Auto???
Plenty of smaller sized wheelguns in 45acp. Just say YES to moonclips!!!

U.S. Marshals. Robert Downey Jr, the kid with the sissy-shit, wasn't in the Fugitive. :)

Yeah that's it! US Marshals. Man that was a long time ago.. I'm not sure why you'd fire under-water though lol. Regardless the damn things are unquestionably reliable. I personally would take a g19 or g21 just because of the reliability for a daily carry over anything. Sure, it's plastic, but it's lived up to the test of time. I should probably stop here before I de-rail this thread to a debate. Sorry lol.

I have a g36. I rarely carry it though. I have not found a comfortable holster for it, but also have not looked too hard as I have a couple other choices that have worked well. When I bought it I thought it was going to be my primary carry piece. Go figure.

I have a Para P12 that I like. (cue all the Para haters telling us how unreliable they are...) They've got a nice line of .45s.

I want to say that it was The Fugitive. Either that or US Marshals.

I have the Para GI Expert which I love!

Back
Top Bottom