.45 Shield

Hmmm I love my shield 9 and my fs .40.
Maybe having a little .45 would be a nice addition.
I wonder how tough this thing will be to hold on target.
I've never shot the shield .40 but I am getting really pretty good with my 9.

That would solve my "which shield do I carry my 9 or 40 dilemma" I wonder if it will need a $100.00 trigger kit from the get go.

Dean

I'm sure it will need a trigger job.

Kahr PM45 is slightly smaller and it's fine for follow ups. Some don't have Sally hands....[emoji23]

The pm9 is slightly smaller than the 9mm shield too and its a better, although more expensive gun. I'm not sure how you think because the pm45 is good that the shield 45 will be.

so presented with this option I wonder if this or a Glock G30S would be a more manageable piece to shoot.
I've been kind of jonesing for a small .45 that I can carry comfortably.
G30S is 1/2 an inch longer , 1/4" wider and basically the same height but has a 10 round mag.
Hmmm.........can I get a G30S in Mass?

Last edited:
so presented with this option I wonder if this or a Glock G30S would be a more manageable piece to shoot.

Exactly why I wish kimber's were legal in mass. That 3" ultra carry is perfect!!!

I'm sure it will need a trigger job.

The pm9 is slightly smaller than the 9mm shield too and its a better, although more expensive gun. I'm not sure how you think because the pm45 is good that the shield 45 will be.

read it how you will, but the point was a sub compact 45 isn't completely unmanageable to shoot, which was in direct response to a statement that it is unmanageable to shoot.

They are late to the party Kahr and Springfield have had these around for years. I shot the xds 45 3.3 a while back. Really not a fan of short barrel compact 45's.

I don't very often buy a 9mm. But in that size gun it's a good cartridge.

Of course to me there is really no place in my life for that gun. It's not a pocket gun and those guns just don't have enough handle to grab for cc. They may hide a bit better but I'll take a glock 19/32/23 or a 4.25 inch 1911 and walk around all day with just a t shirt covering and no one notices. Why go smaller?

Last edited:
G30S is 1/2 an inch longer , 1/4" wider and basically the same height but has a 10 round mag.

30 is a larger gun, it would be more comparable to the 36

Those two guns aren't in the same class so comparing them is kinda stupid.

I'd rather have a G30 or 30S than one of these, though.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly why I wish kimber's were legal in mass. That 3" ultra carry is perfect!!!

No, it's not, it's a stupid idea masquerading as a handgun. Blech.

I would take a G36 or an XDs .45 every day of the week over a gun like that, and I'm not a fan of small .45s to begin with...

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom