• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.45 Shield

Has anyone seen the performance center .45? I was looking into them. They have an upgraded trigger and hi viz sites already installed. The barrel and slide also have been ported. I'm not sure if i like that or not . I've never shot a short barrel with porting.
It seems like it would be cheaper to get the PC version then piecing those parts in after.

I traded in my Shield 45 for the Performance Center one. Already swapped out the trigger for the Apex variant. The sites are on point and the ported barrel/slide make for some solid night shooting I will say.

VP 9 is on the list, so it's OK by MA, not sure why but it's on the list... Who knows with MA, they say one thing and do another...

Plus this Thread is about the SHIELD not a VP9...

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approvedfirearmsroster10-2016.pdf

As far as I know the Shield falls under the "Trigger Rule" for some reason...

No, a 10 lb trigger is one method to comply, not the only method. S&W is just being stupid.

a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating thehandgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raisingtrigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an averagefive year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiplemotions in order to fire the handgun.

altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun.

Not sure why but this kind of phrasing....

This phrasing....

Is disturbing....

It reminds me so much of...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom