.45 Shield

Today I was looking at a M&P 45 Compact, I think I am going to go with that for now I just have a gut feeling it is going to be a while.

Dean

I was in FS on Tuesday and asked Carl.....he said for mass compliant probably still a year out. [angry]

Glock G30S or an M&P .45C for now but that .45C is almost the same size as my FS 40 [sad]

0521161026a-e1463852855692.jpg

Friend at S&W said the 45 Shield is in production now.

I was in FS on Tuesday and asked Carl.....he said for mass compliant probably still a year out. [angry]

Glock G30S or an M&P .45C for now but that .45C is almost the same size as my FS 40 [sad]

Might get lucky on the used market, but doubtful people will be selling them private party that soon :(

Wonder if this is the same form factor as the 9mm (same holster).

Shield .45??, HAHA Who the hell would want the Shield in the first place?

Smith is very smart, people will buy just cuz .45 is M'erica.

so presented with this option I wonder if this or a Glock G30S would be a more manageable piece to shoot.
I've been kind of jonesing for a small .45 that I can carry comfortably.
G30S is 1/2 an inch longer , 1/4" wider and basically the same height but has a 10 round mag.
Hmmm.........can I get a G30S in Mass?

Yup. I got one.

I am not waiting a year so I picked this up today Happy Fathers Day to Me.

My New Carry Piece, It's a 45 compact,. 8 in the Rack 1 in the Stack.

Dean

Sweet , isn't this basically the same size as the FS .40? I was debating picking up one of these and dumping my .40 (while I'm waiting for the Shield .45)
How's it shoot? (if you've even shot it yet)

I am not waiting a year so I picked this up today Happy Fathers Day to Me.

My New Carry Piece, It's a 45 compact,. 8 in the Rack 1 in the Stack.

Dean

I have not shot it yet, the police have the somerset range for the whole week, so I am putting in the trigger kit as we speak and am going to head over to Taunton tomorrow. and will put 100 rounds though it, I will update later this week.

Dean

I shot the 45c over at Mass Firearm and loved it. Great shooter. I'm going by memory, but I think its roughly comparable in size the the Glock 19/23. I was planning to pick one up, but went with the G19 instead at the time.

The .45 C probably shoots better than the Shield will. The .45 shield is an answer to a question nobody asked, as is the .40.

-Mike

The .45 C probably shoots better than the Shield will. The .45 shield is an answer to a question nobody asked, as is the .40.

-Mike
Yup. Seems like an awfully small platform to be pumping 45 acp through.

I don't think it's an unasked question. 5 or 6 rounds of .45 in a small reliable (well S&W is out) pocket pistol seems a pretty apples to apples comparison to an ultralight .357.
I'd like a pocket .45, but I'll settle for 9mm.

I don't think it's an unasked question. 5 or 6 rounds of .45 in a small reliable (well S&W is out) pocket pistol seems a pretty apples to apples comparison to an ultralight .357.
I'd like a pocket .45, but I'll settle for 9mm.

After shooting both, there's no "settling" about it, the 9mm will be the less retarded option. Most handguns in the small .45 class are terrible. Things like the XDs tend to be the exception rather
than the rule.

It will not surprise me if a flurry of these are bought, and then promptly dumped. If anyone is seriously interested in one of these things they'd probably do well to try before buying it. Then again these guns are probably so cheap even if you make a bad choice you're not going to lose much.

-Mike

I beleive The Glock 36 and Glock 19 size difference is closer. Maybe it seems that way as I can use my Glock 19 holsters with the G36 and not the G30 holsters.

Glock 19
WEIGHT
595 g / 20.99 oz.
LOADED (~)
850 g / 29.98 oz.

LENGTH
174 mm / 6.85 in.
HEIGHT
127 mm / 5.00 in.

WIDTH
30 mm / 1.18 in.
BARREL HEIGHT