• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.45 Shield

Waiting for these to show up... Called my LGS today to buy one... No timeline for arrival. :(

There's only like 2 of them listed on gunbroker under BIN prices, so even ignoring MA bullshit, it doesn't sounds like there are a lot of them in the channel yet.

-Mike

There's only like 2 of them listed on gunbroker under BIN prices, so even ignoring MA bullshit, it doesn't sounds like there are a lot of them in the channel yet.

-Mike

Yeah I have a feeling I won't be seeing on until late July anyway. Looking forward to it though.

Some of the early reviews from other threads has been very positive on the 45 Shield, particularly the enhanced grip and very manageable recoil.

3b6acb33a8cffae5487c9c544f87929a.jpg
78528457d8ee439bd4bafcf2b466c22c.jpg
9891691b4918cec11dcd033d7bb6712c.jpg
f7559a1119ffe7568df79be2c0d35f48.jpg

Last edited:
Still haven't found one in the free state... Though honesty I haven't been making a ton of calls searching for one.
Only called one place this week, no dice.

Your kidding me a half hour video, what the hell could you possibly talk about a S&W Shield for that long.

Dean

the video is a bit long but it's it's probably the most thoughtful and useful content on the shield 45 (at least at this time). all the other ones sound like paid promotions by S&W. in this video hickok45 compares the shield 45 to the XDS 45, which i think is what everyone wants to know. it speaks volumes that he doesn't bother bringing a G36 into the video. he even states he has never owned one. his video makes the XDS 45 look like it hangs just fine with the shield 45. as usual, newer not necessarily better.

the new frame stippling looks like a step in the right direction. i found the shield 9 grip to be ridiculously slick. hopefully S&W brings this new grip stippling over the 9/40 models.

Last edited:
the video is a bit long but it's it's probably the most thoughtful and useful content on the shield 45 (at least at this time). all the other ones sound like paid promotions by S&W. in this video hickok45 compares the shield 45 to the XDS 45, which i think is what everyone wants to know. it speaks volumes that he doesn't bother bringing a G36 into the video. he even states he has never owned one. his video makes the XDS 45 look like it hangs just fine with the shield 45. as usual, newer not necessarily better.

the new frame stippling looks like a step in the right direction. i found the shield 9 grip to be ridiculously slick. hopefully S&W brings this new grip stippling over the 9/40 models.

+100 The stippling on the grip is a HUGE leap in the good direction.

I assume the MA compliant ones will have the safety? I don't want that.

in general the "MA models" comes down to what the manufacturers perceive as appropriate for our little communist state. in the case of S&W, they seem to believe the 20# gorilla trigger is needed to sell their handguns here. i would expect them to do the same with the M&P 45 shield. part of this is because it's relatively cheap and easy to simply build the guns with a heavier trigger and sear spring.

other manufacturers look at it differently: for example ruger goes with mag disconnects and thumb safeties but not heavier triggers.

HK changes nothing. Sig likes to drill a hole in the barrel for LCI, write "MA model" on the box and so forth.

I recently picked up a 9mm shield.. I had zero expectations that I was going to like shooting it.. It was skinny, easy to conceal, but surprisingly accurate and fun to shoot. I'd be really interested in a 45 version. I wonder when the Frau Healy compliant model is going to show up on the EOPS.

At least the Apex kit is easy to throw in and the trigger then is better than a free state pistol. Just budget it in to the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom