• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

300,000 West Virginians Told Not to Drink Water After Coal Chemical Spill, 600+ Sick

If you do this still occasionally add and eye dropper of bleach to each one, especially in the winter when hoses aren't used much. You don't want anything to start growing in the barrels.

And when you say hoses, I don't believe you mean garden hoses. I can't imagine what kind of nasties are growing in garden hoses.

And when you say hoses, I don't believe you mean garden hoses. I can't imagine what kind of nasties are growing in garden hoses.

My idea would be to use pipe to connect the barrels with a shut off before the first barrel and connect the hose after the last. I would want to do some testing and see if the barrels could handle constant water pressure.

If you're going to pressurize them what you really want is to get a bunch of beer kegs and weld some stainless fittings into them. Beer kegs are stainless steel and obviously designed to be pressurized.

If you're going to pressurize them what you really want is to get a bunch of beer kegs and weld some stainless fittings into them. Beer kegs are stainless steel and obviously designed to be pressurized.

Those I've got. Plus I have, or can get free, the taps for them. I used to pour beer at the old Foxboro stadium. We would daisy chain 3 or four kegs together. That is where I got the idea to begin with.

Why are you trying to pressurize them? I assume you mean with your city water (or whatever you have) connected at X PSI. Couldn't you just fill them up and shut off the shutoff before the first barrel? Then the only pressure is the weight of the water, and you don't risk contamination when the water supply goes all W VA on you.

Why are you trying to pressurize them? I assume you mean with your city water (or whatever you have) connected at X PSI. Couldn't you just fill them up and shut off the shutoff before the first barrel? Then the only pressure is the weight of the water, and you don't risk contamination when the water supply goes all W VA on you.
That is why the garden hose idea vs having it inline with the plumbing. Just kicking ideas around. I like to overthink the crap out of everything before I do it.

Back
Top Bottom