.30 Carbine

SKS Ray

NES Member
Anyone have a source for .30 Carbine ammo at a good price? PMs please for internet companies selling.
Does the CMP still have .30 Carbine ammo?
I took my M1 Carbine out today and really got into it.[grin]

The CMP website does not list any .30 Carbine for sale. Some internet sellers may have some if you are lucky enough to live in a free state.

Search fu is weak with this one [smile]...CMP has .30 carbine listed for $249.00 a K for Aguila and $190.00 a K for Wolf.

Its in the new rifle ammo page. Not in the surplus ammo section. I almost missed it myself. Not to many deals out there. The Aquila is going for $15 a box of 50 most places and that is the lowest priced brand.

You've got to start reloading Ray. The last 3000 rounds have cost me less than $300 (and it's better ammo than you can buy).

You've got to start reloading Ray. The last 3000 rounds have cost me less than $300 (and it's better ammo than you can buy).

I picked up all 99 shells from today's range trip, I couldn't find the last one.
I saw the Wolf deal on the CMP site and appreciate the links others have PMed me with. My question is which is the better deal? I know some Wolf has a bad reputation and some doesn't. For example I love the 148 grain 7.62x54 for my semi autos. Nothing else touches the accuracy I get from it in my Romak 3 and my SVT40. But yet I've heard some people flat out refuse to shoot Wolf .223 in their AR type rifles because of soot build up.
I am leaning towards shooting some nice reloadable brass so I may go the higher end route and save in the long run by reloading.
Having just gotten re-aquainted with my M1 Carbine, I'm still giddy at the range and am blasting rapid fire 15 round mags at clays spread out all over the berm.[smile]

The Wolf .30 Carbine stuff worked well for me. I used to buy it locally and shot quite a lot of it until I realized that the Magtech stuff my dealer had was only about $1 more per box (and reloadable).

Search fu is weak with this one [smile]...CMP has .30 carbine listed for $249.00 a K for Aguila and $190.00 a K for Wolf.

Just went back and looked again. Yep, not under ammo but under online sales. Hmmm, go figure.

Ray, I had no problem with the Wolf .30 carbine in my Plainfield; very reliable. Couldn't tell you how accurate it was because I was mostly just plinking with that stuff.

If you don't mind reloads, you might want to PM Nickle about it; his dad is a reloader and does .30 carbine.

Back
Top Bottom