• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

30/30

gerrycaruso

NES Member
Worked up a gallery/small game load for the 94 Winchester in 30/30. It's a .310 lead ball pushed by 2.5 grains of Unique. It's quite dirty, very quiet and accurate. 5 grains is cleaner, much louder and not as accurate. A double 0 buckshot pellet sized down is also louder and not as accurate. I'm getting low on Unique but have lots of Bullseye and Titegroup. I'll try them. If I can find some 0 buckshot, I'll try this in the 32 Remington. I realize I'm not doing anything that can't be done with a .22 rifle but I'm just seeing if it's possible.

Take some lightweight .32 bullets, swage them down and go for it. COL may require 1 + 1 or single shot loading.
The DEWC from Grafs could also be used in the .30-30, but don't expect it to be the smoothest feeding round..

Attachments

• .30-30 Gallery.jpg
    .30-30 Gallery.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Tokarev DEWC.JPG
    Tokarev DEWC.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 3
  • DEWC7.62b.jpg
    DEWC7.62b.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Worked up a gallery/small game load for the 94 Winchester in 30/30. It's a .310 lead ball pushed by 2.5 grains of Unique. It's quite dirty, very quiet and accurate. 5 grains is cleaner, much louder and not as accurate. A double 0 buckshot pellet sized down is also louder and not as accurate. I'm getting low on Unique but have lots of Bullseye and Titegroup. I'll try them. If I can find some 0 buckshot, I'll try this in the 32 Remington. I realize I'm not doing anything that can't be done with a .22 rifle but I'm just seeing if it's possible.
Can you show a photo of the finished product? Is the ball set up like a wadcutter and seated deep?

I think the bullseye will be cleaner for you. Do you have any clays or red dot? They’re pretty bulky and fast burning so it might help also.

I have 00 of you want to try that?

I get asked “why” all the time.
My response is “why not”
Lots of my friends are dumbfound when they come over and we shoot wax bullets in the basement.
Just a primer and a plug of wax out of the 32 sw

Back
Top Bottom