2nd amendment isn't about hunting

does this bother anyone else? I always here big shots on my tv saying oh don't worry this won't effect sportsmen or hunters. THE SECOND AMENDMENT ISN'T ABOUT HUNTING! Hell i am only 16 and this makes my blood boil.

Yeah, it ticks me off too. Especially when people who make that argument usually don't realize that the guns we'd be "allowed" to have for hunting are often more powerful than guns they want to ban.

does this bother anyone else? I always here big shots on my tv saying oh don't worry this won't effect sportsmen or hunters. THE SECOND AMENDMENT ISN'T ABOUT HUNTING! Hell i am only 16 and this makes my blood boil.

I congratulate you for being 16 and having the sense to understand this is disturbing. And yes, it bothers a lot of us and has for many years hun.

A co-worker and I got into a heated discussion one day over this very topic.
Let's just say it didnt end well.

It usually doesn't.

Next time ask them if they NEED a lawnmower? A pair of scissors will cut their lawn. Or if they NEED a car. Why can't they just walk to work? Or better yet, if they NEED their 1st Amendment rights. Because they apparently think that I don't NEED my 2nd Amendment rights.

It usually doesn't.

Next time ask them if they NEED a lawnmower? A pair of scissors will cut their lawn. Or if they NEED a car. Why can't they just walk to work? Or better yet, if they NEED their 1st Amendment rights. Because they apparently think that I don't NEED my 2nd Amendment rights.

Been there,done that, got the stupid replies and the dumb looks.

One of my favorite retorts from my co-worker was this...quote.."hand guns are only meant for killing people and nothing else"... end quote.[thinking]

That one statement stopped me in my tracks. How in the world do you respond to that type of moonbat logic. I let the whole debate/conversation/arguement go after that.

That one statement stopped me in my tracks. How in the world do you respond to that type of moonbat logic. I let the whole debate/conversation/arguement go after that.

That's when you say, "you're right. and that includes the bad guys who try to rape women who carry, or the perv trying to take your child and fight you to get him/her, and the idiots who break in to houses at night knowing there's people there for the thrill of a hot break in. So yeah, if any of those things happen to me, you can damn well bet I'm glad they kill. Is that why I own one? Hell no."

"hand guns are only meant for killing people and nothing else"
As eveyone thinks that it is good for the police to have handguns, then if the speakers statement is true, then it must true that under certain circumstances it is good to kill people.

If that is true, then there are circumstances where it would be good for me to have a handgun too.

If the original statment is false, than he doesn't have an argument to ban handguns.

His choice whether to stick by his statment or not.

And Porsches, Lambos, Ferrari's etc are made for racing - so should they be banned? Is there no other legal use for them?

Swords are made for killing. Should we ban them? What about fencers?

I'm big on hunting and when I was young, my father kinda taught me " we really don't need assault rifles". I believed that for a while, but years back came around to believing that, who the hell am I to say what some guy can and can't shoot as long as the use is legal. I'm proud to say my dad now agrees with me on the matter, and you can teach an old dog new tricks......

I'm big on hunting and when I was young, my father kinda taught me " we really don't need assault rifles". I believed that for a while, but years back came around to believing that, who the hell am I to say what some guy can and can't shoot as long as the use is legal. I'm proud to say my dad now agrees with me on the matter, and you can teach an old dog new tricks......

Excellent!

I think a lot of people with that attitude have changed their opinions based on the excesses of the ban crowd. They got us by divide and conquor last time, but they're having a much harder time with that this time around.

That's when you say, "you're right. and that includes the bad guys who try to rape women who carry, or the perv trying to take your child and fight you to get him/her, and the idiots who break in to houses at night knowing there's people there for the thrill of a hot break in. So yeah, if any of those things happen to me, you can damn well bet I'm glad they kill. Is that why I own one? Hell no."

Tried that also. This co-worker is beyond unreasonable and on many topics.

Ever want to smash a moonbats head against a wall. Well that was one of those days. At the rate my blood pressure was climbing things would not have ended well. I felt it was best for me to stfu and go about my business and let the fire die down.

Last edited:

Ever want to smash a moonbats head against a wall. Well that was one of those days. At the rate my blood pressure was climbing things would not have ended well. I felt it was best for me to stfu and go about my business and let the fire die down.

I've got a friend like that. I go out of my way NOT to talk politics with him because he's such a true believer. I mean I can picture him as one of the Bolshiviks after the revolution standing people up against the wall 'for their own good.' [rolleyes]

I have a friend, originally from Mass, who while he owns and carries a handgun said to me "I don't want an AR-15 assault weapon".

First I corrected him on the terminology, explaining to him how this was an invented term by the antis (he did not know this). Then I told him "your desire to not own an AR will last until you try mine".

So the day came when I brought my AR and my M1 to the rifle. As soon as he put the first mag through the AR he said "I've got to get me one of these".

Good choice. Some people are so caught up in their ideaology that they can't be reasoned with. With it being at work and all, that has to make it even more difficult.

Fortunetly for me, I work with some people that think like I do. But have also run across some other folks like your co-worker. Either way, I try to stick with the facts when having a discussion with a co-worker.

I have started a push on the people that may be on the fence.

We all need to start pushing (non-shooter)friends and co-workers a little to be more pro-gun.
talking here and at the gun club about how the gun laws stink does not help the cause.

Talk to someone outside the shooting community.

That guy or woman that may be interested but knows nothing.

I have coached juniors for years but who is working on the ones that there parents didn't let go to the range?

If ALL of us brought 2-3 people over the next few months to shoot that never shot before our numbers would grow rapidly.

Please make an effort ...it will help

I had the most rewarding junior session about a month ago with a girl scout troop and their mom's

They all walked in looking scared and left loving it.
that day alone we gained about 10-15 gun freindly people.

it works ...Do it.

Ive got 3 people who have submitted applications since I dropped off mine.

Good job!!
Now have those three get 2-3 each!!
Thats the plan.
fight with numbers and teach new.

Some of our oponents are just unknowing people that have not seen the light.
Show them the light and they won't be oponents anymore..

Don't get me wrong some are idiots and we can't fix that...

We should start a club of younger people that understand the bullshit.
I'm 17, and was your age when I joined this forum and got active.

Now you just need to go green. [smile]

My blood is always boiling. Politicians that don't represent the people they work for, laws that.. that... I can't think of a way to explain it, but suffice to say I am running a fever of 108 when I think about it.

One of my favorite retorts from my co-worker was this...quote.."hand guns are only meant for killing people and nothing else"... end quote.[thinking]

People like that have a victim mentality so ingrained in their head that it will be near impossible to convince them otherwise until they have a 1st hand experience.

But when people refuse to even have a logical discussion and start spewing hyperbolic crap just point it out.

Show them this picture and ask how many people this person and or pistol has killed then.

Img214070739.jpg

Also...OMG if what you say is true...they gave this women FLOWERS and a GOLD MEDAL for killing people. (she was 25m pistol champ)

Img214537228.jpg

Its not the end all but at least in your specific instance it would catch them off guard a little and get out of that stuck repetitive loop forcing them to regurgitate some other crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom