2nd amendment debate streamed live from NYC 6:45PM 11/14

Interesting. At least they're calling it A RIGHT GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION! We've come a long way baby!

Vote is now 98% pro 2A! Yay.

but then there's this gem against

personal guns are no longer a civilian’s main protection or democracy’s best safeguard. Today, the U.S. has a standing army and a well-trained police force that provide for our security and protection.

[puke]

The person that says this should be given a copy of Dial 911 & Die
Interesting. At least they're calling it A RIGHT GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION! We've come a long way baby!

personal guns are no longer a civilian’s main protection or democracy’s best safeguard. Today, the U.S. has a standing army and a well-trained police force that provide for our security and protection.

[puke]

The live link is just starting and they are laying the ground rules.

It is an hour and a half and will edited down to an hour later.

"personal guns are no longer a civilian’s main protection or democracy’s best safeguard. Today, the U.S. has a standing army and a well-trained police force that provide for our security and protection."

Yes and who protects us against the army and well trained police force. It is a checks and balances system. You can not eliminate the balance from the checks and balances system.

This whole thing is making me nauseous. The topic of the debate is missing the point. It ignores the premise of rights derived by God and not of men.

EDIT:
It should not be up to public opinion if something is useful or not on an individual level. It does not even make sense.[angry]

Last edited:
Alan Dershowitz is an idiot bringing up irrelevant issues and using "scary black guns" to instill fear in the audience to sway their opinion.

Surprise! NY voters believed 2ndA has outlived its usefulness 64% to 18% before the debate and 74% to 22% after.

Will Spike Lee now Tweet Alan Dershowitz's home address as an Gun-Free Zone?

Last edited:
All right, now lets do this same debate with the same people but hold it in Arizona. I would love to see the results.

All right, now lets do this same debate with the same people but hold it in Arizona. I would love to see the results.

This bugs me. Would NYC residents think any less of 1A than AZ? But then there's 4A (not exactly strong in NYC either). The lesson is that a right not used is a right not valued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bugs me. Would NYC residents think any less of 1A than AZ? But then there's 4A (not exactly strong in NYC either). The lesson is that a right not used is a right not valued.

I wouldn't put it past NYC folk to think less of 1A, especially if such talk "offends" some obscure minority somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It's just the holier-than-thou mentality the liberals have.

Dershowitz set out to win the battle, knowing the war was already lost, and I'm sure derives some wry sense of victory in having technically won the little skirmish. As EV points out, the 10-44 states with CCW, 50% rise in firearms ownership and dramatic drop in violent crime is the relevant statistic.

The 10% gain by AD/SL vs 4% SK/EV team is well expected in the liberal intelligentsia audience. When convenient, pro-gun control advocates will repond to a poll - and how more convenient than pushing a button in the audience? When it comes to supporting their cause with political advocacy and cash, the evil NRA of which AD spoke wins hands down.

Douchowitz is a dershbag.

This should be interesting. David Kopel is a very thoughtful attorney.

Don't for get Eugene Volokh. He's wicked smaht.

I don't generally agree with Sandy Levinson on much, but he's well regarded by legal scholars of all ideologies.

I listen to these debates frequently, I think this is the first IQ2 debate where I've actually met all the participants. The debate was awesome, minus Dershowitz attempting to succeed by yelling louder than everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom