24 years ago today ...

KMaurer

NES Member
Iranian sponsored terrorists murdered 220 Marines, 18 sailors, and 3 soldiers and sniped at responding personnel over the ensuing four days of rescue/recovery operations.

Just a "friendly" reminder.

Ken

On October 23rd 1983 at about 6:20 AM,
The Marine barracks in Beirut (Lebanon) was attacked by a suicide bomber.
221 Marines and 21 other service men were killed.

We lost to many good Marines and others that day.

Go to www.beirut-memorial.org or www.beirutstamp.com for more info.

Semper Fidelis my brothers. We will not let you be forgotten,

Bob

Last edited:
It's engrained in mind just like 9/11. I had just walked into the barracks after getting off the trick bus, and everyone was asking me if I'd heard what happened. Soon was told about the Marine barracks being hit. Next morning were the concrete barriers all around our kasern, and buses being checked, along with our ID's. Also had the drug mops checking the buses also. A day that has stuck with me.[sad2]

Are you saying this is a good reason to attack?

Me? Heaven forbid! I'm simply reminding people who the guys that are likely to fly a plane into your office, set off a truck bomb in your garage, drive a car loaded with explosives into your dormitory, set an cell phone detonated EFP device along side the road to your job, take over your kids' school and fill it with explosives or perhaps saw off your head while taking videos to show your family are likely to be. After all, I wouldn't want you to inadvertently offend them by having alcohol, pictures of unveiled women or a BLT sandwich with you when it happens.

Ken

Me? Heaven forbid! I'm simply reminding people who the guys that are likely to fly a plane into your office, set off a truck bomb in your garage, drive a car loaded with explosives into your dormitory, set an cell phone detonated EFP device along side the road to your job, take over your kids' school and fill it with explosives or perhaps saw off your head while taking videos to show your family are likely to be. After all, I wouldn't want you to inadvertently offend them by having alcohol, pictures of unveiled women or a BLT sandwich with you when it happens.

Ken

Geez I love they way you think!! hahha[rofl] Theres something about calling a spade a spade..... thats refreshingly honest. Sure not all are, but hell enough are to make a difference.

Ken

Couldn't have said it better. [wink] [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom