idiocracy-bang-o.gif

zactly, it's got what you crave.

Show Off Your AR Pistols!!!!!

I wish I lived in nh just so I can do a 54r ak pistol lol . Atilla get a receiver blank ill share it with you lol.when I come to nh I get to borrow it .

Last edited:
I always have out of state storage [grin]

I suppose that's not AS bad as just being locked into the PRM full time... Just need to upgrade that 'storage' site to actual full time residence... [smile] Then get some guns with the super-evil features Marsha won't let you have. [rofl2]

Only rule, I'm aware of, is that it cannot [ever] be able to accept a buttstock onto it. Mine extends ~7" beyond the back of the lower.

Here is my ATF and WA state legal pistol. Going to shoot it tomorrow. Hopefully with the AAC SDN suppressor I am waiting for a stamp on/for.

azugy2e3.jpg

Not sure why people hate this solution so much. Works great especially if I use it wrong. ;-)

YMMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Here is my ATF and WA state legal pistol. Going to shoot it tomorrow. Hopefully with the AAC SDN suppressor I am waiting for a stamp on/for.

azugy2e3.jpg

Not sure why people hate this solution so much. Works great especially if I use it wrong. ;-)

YMMV

Specs on that build please

For some people it's more of a eff-you to the Feds and the state. Also no SBRs in WA.

IF I was to do that, I'd go a different route. [wink]

Also, no AR pistols in MA...

When it's actual SHTF time, how our weapons are configured will be the least of our concerns. Also, I'm perfectly good with the pistol as I have it setup. Doing a cheek weld to the buffer tube gets me to pretty much the same spot as I would be with a stock on the lower. With the paracord wrap, there's enough of a barrier between the aluminum tube and my face. Even on bitter cold days. Plus, I can go to a range and not have people pay too much attention to me (fly under the radar).

IF I was to do that, I'd go a different route. [wink]

Also, no AR pistols in MA...

When it's actual SHTF time, how our weapons are configured will be the least of our concerns. Also, I'm perfectly good with the pistol as I have it setup. Doing a cheek weld to the buffer tube gets me to pretty much the same spot as I would be with a stock on the lower. With the paracord wrap, there's enough of a barrier between the aluminum tube and my face. Even on bitter cold days. Plus, I can go to a range and not have people pay too much attention to me (fly under the radar).

You're in NH. Tell them to GDIAF.

You're in NH. Tell them to GDIAF.

I just make sure to eat a good amount of chili or refried beans before hand. A few full auto blasts from that cannon is enough to clear the entire range. [rofl2] IME, in NH, if they're looking they want to know where they can get something just like it.

BTW, 80% lower machined into 100% lower, then built up in NH into complete weapon is 100% off the books. No forms submitted to any agencies for the AR pistol.

Oh, and once I get my NH P&R license, I can carry my AR pistol in my vehicle, loaded. [banana] Can't do that with a SBR. [rofl2]

I am pretty sure you can, as long as the barrel is shorter then 16". I could swear that is how I read it.

How I read it is a SBR is still a rifle (buttstock makes it a rifle, not the barrel length), so gets lumped in with shotguns and rifles. IF it has a pistol buffer tube, and thus an AR pistol, it's included in the pistol and revolver category. Maybe get Ed N., or Sam Cohen, to give their take on it.

For the amount it costs, you might as well go the NFA route.

Really? You mean other than the 9 month wait? $137 bucks. You know what people pay more than that for some stocks.

If you don't want a 16 inch barrel and you don't want the hassle of an SBR (or can't in my case) I can't see a better solution. You aren't going to try to convince me that an AR pistol is a) fired like a pistol (Weaver or Isocles) or b) that shouldering the tube is awesome.

Short money for speed or dodging stupid laws.

Specs on that build please

Adams Arms PDW Tactical Elite Upper. Gas piston with their proprietary BC. Runs great, I have never had any problems with it. http://www.adamsarms.net/7-5-pdw-tactical-elite-upper

Lower is Del-Ton with a Rock River LPK, KNS anti-rotation pin kit, Hogue grip, Magpul trigger guard, Larue QR rear sight and Troy front sight. Cheapo Sig red dot. And Sig's SB-15 arm brace. Oh and clearly a Magpul AFG. I can't remember the make of the pistol buffer to be honest. It wasn't anything special.

Cheers

STAC

Really? You mean other than the 9 month wait? $137 bucks. You know what people pay more than that for some stocks.

If you don't want a 16 inch barrel and you don't want the hassle of an SBR (or can't in my case) I can't see a better solution. You aren't going to try to convince me that an AR pistol is a) fired like a pistol (Weaver or Isocles) or b) that shouldering the tube is awesome.

Short money for speed or dodging stupid laws.

All the prices I've seen put that thing at close to $300. I see Midway has it for $139, but it's OOS so good luck with that.

As for the 9 month wait... I hear it's MUCH faster when you do it online. In the area of a couple/few months.

Personally, even at ~$140, I don't see the point. I have no issues going with a cheek weld on my pistol, so no need to spend the extra money on that hunk of rubber. If you like it, fine, just don't fool yourself into thinking you're being all wicked smaht and dodging laws with it. I'm sure the ATF will see enough of those, at some point, to make them NFA items, or make how you're using it require a NFA stamp. They may be part of the .gov, but not all of them are morons (just enough to make our lives difficult).

Frankenstein ar lol.

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

* Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
* Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or silencer
* Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
* Unloaded weight of 50 oz or more
* A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

Frankenpistol (not based on existing auto model) would not count as one evil feature, so this leaves with one to pick

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

* Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
* Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or silencer
* Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
* Unloaded weight of 50 oz or more
* A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

Frankenpistol (not based on existing auto model) would not count as one evil feature, so this leaves with one to pick

Could you build a ak pistol on a virgin barrel but not drill the gas port hole.
Leave out the piston rod also?

Figure at that point it's a straight pull bolt action pistol with a detachable mag......

Could you build a ak pistol on a virgin barrel but not drill the gas port hole.
Leave out the piston rod also?

Figure at that point it's a straight pull bolt action pistol with a detachable mag......

blowback pistol for 7.62x39 would need a really heavy bolt, would be more than 50oz total and it's based on AK.

Show Off Your AR Pistols!!!!!

blowback pistol for 7.62x39 would need a really heavy bolt, would be more than 50oz total and it's based on AK.

I wasn't thinking blow back . I was thinking not semi auto . Wouldn't the bolt stay locked if you didn't have the gas port drilled ?

That's gayer than Liberace making out with Siegfried and Roy.
Figured in a shtf you drill one hole and got a semi auto etc .

Back
Top Bottom