22lr ammo boxes

garyz

NES Member
anyone know where i can aquire some 100 round plastic
22lr ammo boxes, (not the ammo, just the box)
like the mini mags come packed in?
i find it easier to take to the range in 100 packs, and i usually
buy the bulk boxes when i can

thx
garyz

probably nowhere.

what I did i bought couple of .22 CCI Minimags -> shot it away -> now keep putting more junky ammo to these boxes. works good for me

So what do you do? Do you stick each individual bullet into those holes? I just put them in a coffee can and shoot what I feel like. I also have a small leather pouch if I don't want to lug the can. I bet the pouch holds like 100 to 120 .22 rounds.

I know for a fact there are 2 in a trash can at Mansfield fish & game.

I'll save them next time I go shooting

I still got some thousand CCI SV in the 100 rd plastic boxes and keep the empty ones for refilling them with
50 rd plastic trays out of the cardboard packs. Works fine, but unfortunately doesn't help the OP.
Just buy some 100 rd plastic boxes of MiniMags, shoot them and reuse the boxes.

I just use old vitamin bottles. At the range, I just dump a couple of mags worth into the lid and grab them from there.

I also use one of those 'Cliploaders' for my Mark III. Dump in a hundred rounds or so and the mags load themselves.

Got it. Packing some up today. I keep all of these and only use 2-3 of the empties at any time. Looks like I have 4 for you.

I also save and reuse the CCI SV 100 round plastic boxes. They make it very convenient at the range. Slide cover back dump out 5 or ten rounds, load magazines.

I actually find it much easier to load magazines by grabbing a few "loose" cartridges, holding them in my hand, and feeding them into the magazine.

I find this true with ALL calibers. For example the 100-count 9mm Federal comes in nicely stacked boxes, but I actually PREFER the WWB loose boxes. I honestly think I'm about twice as fast loading magazines with "loose" ammo, than if it's all organized neatly.

I actually detest the little 100-count .22LR boxes. I'd just as soon dump them out into something different.

YMMV

I stand by my coffee can statement earlier. Dump as many boxes as you want in there, reach in for a handful, load magazine, and throw the rest of the loos cartridges back in. It is watertight and solid.

Back
Top Bottom