• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 conversion kit for SA 1911 RO 9mm

Looking for a good .22 conversion kit for the Springfield Armory 1911 RO in 9mm, and came across this site:

Nelson Custom Guns

Anyone know if their kits would have an issue with compatibility with the range officer? In my search I have found this:

Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: 1911 Conversion Kits

See note that says not compatible with SA1911RO...

Has anyone had any luck putting a kit on the 9mm RO? .22 league is going up, and I'd love to be able to use my 1911 for it.....

Looking at the prices of some of these conversions its probably just a better buy to pick up a nice 22lr pisto l?

What is different about Sa RO in 9mm.
Ejector issues?
I know a a few people with the GSG 1911s and no complaints from them. One shoots a monday night 22 shoot with his.

I have an advantage arms target kit, very pleased with it. FYI the all steel GSG mags fit and function in it.

I can't think of any reason why the Springfield RO frame /lower would not work.

Send a question to them?

You can a Buckmark or Mark IV for those prices. I second just getting a dedicated .22. What is stopping you from doing that, just out of curiosity?

I have an advantage arms target kit, very pleased with it. FYI the all steel GSG mags fit and function in it.

I can't think of any reason why the Springfield RO frame /lower would not work.

Send a question to them?

No idea about the advantage arms kit but I had to remove the ejector from my 9mm Spartan to put a marvel 22 upper on it.

I have the Nelson on my SRO but it's in 45. Works fine even though somewhere in the Nelson paperwork it says it won't work with the SRO. I have the AA one as well but I don't think I've tried it on my SRO.

I could be wrong but my impression is the 22 conversation kits were designed for 1911s in 45 auto. I have an SRO and a AA 22 kit I'll see if it fits on it. I have 3 other 1911 in 9 mm I try those as well and report back later.

I could be wrong but my impression is the 22 conversation kits were designed for 1911s in 45 auto. I have an SRO and a AA 22 kit I'll see if it fits on it. I have 3 other 1911 in 9 mm I try those as well and report back later.
Thanks!

There's a lot to be said about just buying a dedicated .22, and I am not adverse to doing it, but the idea of the conversion kit on a firearm I use regularly at the range already is a good one to me.

Thanks!

There's a lot to be said about just buying a dedicated .22, and I am not adverse to doing it, but the idea of the conversion kit on a firearm I use regularly at the range already is a good one to me.
If you had a pistol that was not 1911 based I would agree but there’s a good selection of 22cal 1911s out there.

Plus it keeps you from doing the palm to forehead DOH when you range bag is filled with 9mm ammo and mags and realize 22 slide is on there!

As for why a conversion won’t work , internal ejector? 9mm/38super tend to be longer than 45.

Just to circle back to this, I picked up a Ruger 22/45 Mark 4 yesterday, and got it on the range right away. As soon as I got the distance dialed in on the rear site, me and the boy started popping off bulls eyes in the first 10 minutes. Great shooting .22, we already put 200 through it. IMG_20190407_180312.jpg

Now I want to get a can for it.....

Back
Top Bottom