21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Gun purchase restrictions in Massachusetts​

by: Kayleigh Thomas
Posted: May 26, 2022 / 06:25 AM EDT
Updated: May 26, 2022 / 06:25 AM EDT

"(WWLP) – Last June, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed seven bills into law that further relaxed the state’s already lax gun restrictions.
The shooter was able to legally purchase two automatic rifles on his 18th birthday, igniting debate on the different levels of restrictions in each state around the country.
To purchase a gun in Massachusetts you first have to obtain a license. There are two types, a License to Carry allows for a semi-automatic, large-capacity guns, and small guns.
Local 11-year-old boy recovering after hit-and-run
It also permits concealed carry of hand guns. You must be 21 years or older.
Firearm Identification Cards allow possession of only small-capacity guns and are open to those ages 18 and up and ages 14 to 17 with parental consent.
Fully automatic or assault style guns are banned in Massachusetts. All first-time applicants must complete a safety course and log their finger prints with their local police department.
After completion of the course, the application is sent for a state and federal background check as well as a check with the Department of Mental Health. That can take as long as 60 to 90 days.
Once you get your license back, you are free to purchase a firearm with no further waiting period."

"The shooter was able to legally purchase two automatic rifles"

Really, automatic rifles, not semi automatic??? I guess it doesn't matter to the writer of this article as long as we are all safe here in MA. :rolleyes:

mood altering prescription drugs. Parents don't want to take any responsibility for their kids if they show any signs of being different or out of 'norm'.
They are pumped full of Ritalin, Xanax, Valium and whatever they can convince their Pediatric doc to provide.
Somewhat true, there are plenty of Ahole parents, ....but on the flip side of the coin, there are plenty of doctors that peddle that shit like candy because big Pharma gives them lots of nice perks and vegas vacation titty shows.

Whatever the reason, be it video games, you tube attention whorism, over prescribing mental illness drugs or lack of parenting, sexual disorientation...............my generation had more access to weapons than these kids and we didn't go shooting up schools. The simple fact the my father would have kicked my ass was enough to know to stay in line and on a path to being a good person. Church reinforced that as well..... That shit is gone from today's society for the most part in broken families.

The fact the society as a whole is more liberal and cupcakey, and fathers are absent in a lot of these cases......has a lot to do with this shit. The family unit is broken....mostly by the democrat progressive principles that have been accepted as normal, and the welfare scheme that lets most fathers not be fathers.

mood altering prescription drugs. Parents don't want to take any responsibility for their kids if they show any signs of being different or out of 'norm'.
They are pumped full of Ritalin, Xanax, Valium and whatever they can convince their Pediatric doc to provide.
add in fatherless homes, frankly I think that is a big part of the problem.

Begs the question....if you have to wait for an actual tac unit for these situations. The game is over by the time they get there.

WTF good are the cops if they are just going to wait outside and not do anything but keep parents outside?

Its like me waiting for my whole part time fire department to assemble from their other jobs, while my house is burning down......no point in actually having them.
The house is burnt by the time they get there, all they are doing is dousing a burnt foundation.

That's fairly useless in my opinon and it starting to smell like it might have been protocol for what happened here.....

In this day and age for larger towns and cities not to have a trained, immediate, direct police (first one on the scene) response to a school situation is inexcusable.

In these situations officer safety.....is not an option.

Long response time waiting for a tac unit.........not an option.
99% of LEOs around the country don’t have the training nor the will to confront a situation like this. We rely on that 1%, I know my numbers are a little harsh but the reality is just that.

99% of LEOs around the country don’t have the training nor the will to confront a situation like this. We rely on that 1%, I know my numbers are a little harsh but the reality is just that.
Unacceptable to not have some form of training in place by now and a practiced general attack plan for every local school in your district. If there is no money for it, blame the fxcking poliitcians that give it all away....I get that......shame the fxck out of them publicly for not being able to put something in place. Make it #1 priority.

A plan to sit and wait for the Tac Unit.....is worthless.

And if the 99% of them are f***ing pussies, thinking about officer safety protocols, while little kids are being murdered. Then they should find another f***ing job.
Because they are just in the way of being part of the solution to these things.

Funny......we can pretty much secure courthouses and statehouses to protect a**h*** judges and politicians....but kids.....no. f***ing retarded.

Last edited:

If the police were staged outside while gun shots were going off inside, it’s a complete failure and violation of active shooter policy. Every local, state and federal police force has to take annual, standardized active shooter training.

The short version is that as soon as there are two cops there, you go in and stop the threat. They all take the same training. If the shooting has stopped when the cops get there, then it is treated as either a hostage situation or a barricaded subject.

something to think about

View attachment 620149
a good chunk of people on this very forum are getting a boner from pictures like that and can`t wait for a blue eyed blondes herd to take the reigns again and start the cycle all over again.

people are unrepairable, and unless whole society consolidates somehow in the self healing effort - nothing will help, and any chances for a consolidation here, now - not going to happen. religion used to be a good governor with old 10 commandments to be undisputable, but who looks at religion now these days of raping priests and green colored hair bitches. whatever.

all i think is - the gun control is coming, and it will come, and it will solve nothing at all, and then we will see, if we will live through it.

:mad: They would have to kill or arrest me
The video is without context. Sorry bro, but if it's over and they are trying to get medics in and wounded out, you are absolutely a problem on scene. I wouldn't arrest you, but you'd be in my truck until you cool off. I'd then find your kid, and take you to them.

In the 20s a 16 year old could go to a hardware store and pick up a Thompson, why weren't there mass shootings by kids then? Iirc it was around 1935 that the government decided to get more involved so I would say 87 years.
With respect to firearms laws, I totally agree. My reference above was the takeover of the USA by the cabal of globalist bankers who currently rule (or are trying to rule) the world.

ones that snap like this violent turd are just the tip of the disfunctional iceberg off kids that are churned out every year
well, people are social animals. kids are stable, usually, as long as they are a part of some local group, they are supposed to be a part of some group and be outside, together.

when are kids outside, together, now? it is not happening anymore at all. you are happy if your own kid is at least on zoom with somebody alive on a camera, at least - but mostly it is just forums like this one, or discord, or whatever, and it is hurting them mentally, all of them.

just the last observation - my daughter just started the fencing classes. it is a brand new group of middle schoolers - 12 to 14 yr olds. they go to the class, they all sit on chairs in a line before class and they do not even try to speak with one another. i asked her - what is your partners` name - there are 3 girls there bout of same age. and she answers - she is shy, she would not speak. i ask her - why did not you introduce yourself and be friendly - she looks at me like i`m an idiot and says - 'you are not supposed to - it`s not polite'.

i`ll have to grab her father as we greeted up (like normal people do) when we waited and interfere into this mess at next class, as it is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Lets not dismiss the impact of the utter shite/influence that kids are subject to year after year in government schools.

There's a wide spectrum of shit including grooming thats going on.....135 adults in gov schools have been charged with sexual assault/etc against kids they teach.....and thats just the first 5 months of 2022.....

The ones that snap like this violent turd are just the tip of the disfunctional iceberg off kids that are churned out every year

There are also tons and tons of kids with legit mental problems who are jammed into regular school and classroom environments and placed on a "normal" track so their parents can both go off to work and not have to pay OOP for extra help/attention.

More parents actually monitored and raised their children back then. It's a much different world today. We've seen an explosion lately of grandparents raising their grandkids today. A lot more children simply don't have the guidance and discipline that used to occur back in the day.
A lot of people blamed this guy for that - for 50+ years his baby and child care book was second only to the Bible in sales according to NYTimes. His advocacy for permissiveness and immediate gratification were often blamed for rotten kids back then too.

DrSpock.jpg

If LEO training and inter-agency comms was iffy before COVID, depolicing/defunding (and Border surges in TX), it’s so much worse now. With a locked door, the "first on scene entry" rule got short-circuited. We won’t know if command and control was in place and working until there’s an investigation and report.

LEOs may have assigned or defaulted to perimeter control.. A bunch of unarmed parents rushing in has no upside.
Or this video could have been taken after the incident and BORTAC arrived.. either way it's not looking good for the officers first on scene. I can't find any information about the single wounded school police officer. my question is how did he get in?

Did he follow someone who opened the door to go in?

a good chunk of people on this very forum are getting a boner from pictures like that and can`t wait for a blue eyed blondes herd to take the reigns again and start the cycle all over again.

people are unrepairable, and unless whole society consolidates somehow in the self healing effort - nothing will help, and any chances for a consolidation here, now - not going to happen. religion used to be a good governor with old 10 commandments to be undisputable, but who looks at religion now these days of raping priests and green colored hair bitches. whatever.

all i think is - the gun control is coming, and it will come, and it will solve nothing at all, and then we will see, if we will live through it.
i do not take it as some philosophical argument.
i do not trust governments.
i do not trust the police to get here in time to protect me and my family.
i do not rule out some country actually attacking the USA and fighting here on our homeland soil.

THAT is why any new restrictions on gun ownership have to be fought. THEIR idea of "common sense laws" is not at all mine

Or this video could have been taken after the incident and BORTAC arrived.. either way it's not looking good for the officers first on scene. I can't find any information about the single wounded school police officer. my question is how did he get in?

Did he follow someone who opened the door to go in?
I'm wondering something similar.

The early reporting (and it is early; that's always a big caveat in this kind of thing) from the horse's mouth (the local PD) is that the SRO "engaged" the shooter outside, and was wounded, but that "no shots were exchanged."

I've been trying to wrap my head around what that means.

just the last observation - my daughter just started the fencing classes. it is a brand new group of middle schoolers - 12 to 14 yr olds. they go to the class, they all sit on chairs in a line before class and they do not even try to speak with one another. i asked her - what is your partners` name - there are 3 girls there bout of same age. and she answers - she is shy, she would not speak. i ask her - why did not you introduce yourself and be friendly - she looks at me like i`m an idiot and says - 'you are not supposed to - it`s not polite'.
IMNSHO that sounds like an unintended (maybe?), but expected result of the current "thou shalt not offend anyone", "avoid (so-called) micro-aggressions" culture. Add to that the rather common phone screen addiction syndrome and you get a culture of self-isolation.

Good for you for seeing it and trying to do something.

Agree, you or I would be taking a ride. Notice the sheepish posture of the cop right next to Beta? He couldn't or more so WOULDN'T even look him in the eye or watch his actions.
Yup, if you were a parent at a School Board Meeting complaining about CRT curriculum or LGBTQRS brainwashing you'd be cuffed and stuffed.

IMNSHO that sounds like an unintended (maybe?), but expected result of the current "thou shalt not offend anyone", "avoid (so-called) micro-aggressions" culture. Add to that the rather common phone screen addiction syndrome and you get a culture of self-isolation.

Good for you for seeing it and trying to do something.
I think it's a symptom of both the "thou shall not offend" syndrome combined with people living their entire lives in their phones/screens.

People think calling someone without texting first to ask if it's ok to call is rude.

Relatedly at work, I have vendors that employ a lot of millennials and now older Gen Zers and they never call. They'll produce a deliverable (usually poorly with lots of errors and they don't double check their work) and email asking for approval to send to investors and occaisionally I'll miss the email bc I get like 200 emails a day. They'll follow up with an email and write "following up". If I don't respond within a few hours, they'll email to follow up again later in the day. It's like Jesus Christ dude just pick up the f***ing phone and call me, if I read every email I get it would be a full time job in itself. If you really need me to approve something try calling. I know the phone is super scary and actually talking to humans terrifies you but I promise you'll be ok.

I'm wondering something similar.

The early reporting (and it is early; that's always a big caveat in this kind of thing) from the horse's mouth (the local PD) is that the SRO "engaged" the shooter outside, and was wounded, but that "no shots were exchanged."

I've been trying to wrap my head around what that means.
I suspect it could mean anything from the SRO "commanded" him to stop and was then shot (not much engagement IMNSHO), to tried to physically block entry while drawing his gun but was shot before he could get his gun on target, safely (safely meaning no innocents in line of fire).

"I think it would be a great retirement off ramp for our spec operators, let them continue to serve their country by using their skills to protect America’s children, one of the highest honors possible IMO, and they make some decent retirement money without having to babysit corporate slobs or run off book jungle missions for Langley in Columbia."
g
Teachers Unions would freak out at having masculine Military types in our schools. It would totally ruin their narrative and derail their brainwashing of our youth.

I am a firm believer that the internet is what is wrong with the world we live in. Instant access to anything you desire is there with the click of a button. Everyone is an attention whore regardless of their chosen path. Human nature being what it is will never change this.
How true, everyone wants their few minutes of fame.

were you carrying? I posted earlier my oldest grandson starts kindergarten next year so if I have to pick him up I will have to make a decision.
I was not. I am torn. It is against the law. And if I would, I'm faced with the real possibility that in trying to stop a threat I might be perceived by a responding officer to be the threat.

Back
Top Bottom