• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023- NH Legislation

The bills are starting to be filed. The full list will be updated here.

2023-0163HBTitle:relative to extreme risk protection orders.
Sponsors: (Prime) Debra DeSimone , John Potucek

2023-0042HBTitle:relative to extreme risk protection orders.
Sponsors: (Prime) Amy Bradley , Lou D'Allesandro, David Watters, Peter Schmidt, Richard Ames, Michael Abbott, Sue Newman, Donovan Fenton, Debra Altschiller

Credit @AFAR/PFAR More bills to keep an eye on.
LSR 1 repealing an act prohibiting the state from enforcing any federal statute, regulation, or Presidential Executive Order that restricts or regulates the right of the people to keep or bear arms.
LSR 13 requiring a background check prior to any commercial firearm sale.
LSR 18 urging Congress to enact legislation regulating and banning certain semi-automatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
LSR 30 relative to the sale of firearms to persons under 21 years of age and relative to firearm safety devices.
LSR 47 imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
LSR 69 relative to possession or discharge of a firearm in a safe school zone

Last edited:
Republican RED flag bill:

The Anti-Gun Politicians are at it again:

This time it is the republicans.

1 Statement of Purpose. The general court finds that allowing family or household members or law enforcement officers to petition for a court order to temporarily restrict access to firearms by individuals who are found to pose an immediate risk to themselves or others would advance public safety.

This bill is sponsored by republican Rep DeSimone and currently co-sponsored by Rep. Potucek .
Call the Speakers office and ask the Rep DeSimone pull her LSR 23-0163 before opening day.

(603) 271-3661 Speakers office:
Rep DeSimone: The New Hampshire House of Representatives
Rep. Potucek: The New Hampshire House of Representatives

LSR list: https://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/lsr_search/LSR_Results.aspx

Not an all encompassing list of items below. The last I checked we were up to 200 LSRs, but now we're in the 800s

Some additional "bad" LSRs.

LSR 1 repealing an act prohibiting the state from enforcing any federal statute, regulation, or Presidential Executive Order that restricts or regulates the right of the people to keep or bear arms.

LSR 13 requiring a background check prior to any commercial firearm sale.

LSR 18 urging Congress to enact legislation regulating and banning certain semi-automatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

LSR 30 relative to the sale of firearms to persons under 21 years of age and relative to firearm safety devices.

LSR 47 imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.

LSR 69 relative to possession or discharge of a firearm in a safe school zone

Good LSR below. No reason these should be illegal.
LSR 63 repealing the prohibition on the possession or sale of blackjacks, slung shots, and metallic knuckles

I don't know either of those two R politicians on LSR 163. No idea if they have totally jumped the shark to go anti. I'm curious to read their bill to get insight on what their thought process is. On the outside looking in, they need to be booted in 2024.

Also important to note is the number of LSRs Chuck Grassie is signed on to. Grassie was that tie seat that is going to a redo.

Grassie anti 2A LSR. LSR 1(repealing last year's HB1078), and we can only assume this is an anti freedom LSR--->LSR 2 supporting statehood for the District of Columbia

So I just scrolled from 200-865. Lots of abortion screeching from both sides, legal weed, mandatory seatbelt nanny state crap, ranked choice voting-god no, landfilll screeching--I'm sensitive to that due to where I'm building a house, and there is a D sponsored LSR which may be a redo of the immigration checkpoint bill from last year--I hope so.

I encourage everyone to scroll through them over a couple cups of coffee or beverage of choice. The listing changes a couple times each week. Already linked by OP, but linked again here: New Hampshire Legislative Service Requests (LSR's)

Other weapon related LSRs. I'll comment on the R sponsored ones and we can assume any D sponsored LSR is evil.

#, body, sponsor, title
284 H,(Horrigan) relative to voluntarily surrendered firearms.
436 S,(Fenton) relative to the safe storage of firearms in the home and firearm safety programs in public schools
472 H,(Mannion) relative to exceptions for violations related to Presidential Executive Orders governing the keeping or bearing of arms Mannion is an R, so this MAY be a good LSR.
521 H,(Damon) relative to creating a waiting period for all firearm purchases
585 H, (Gerhard) restoring firearm ownership rights to ex-felons Gerhard is an R, I have mixed feelings on this
623 H, (Santonastaso) repealing the prohibition on the carrying or selling of certain weapons. Sponsor is an R, so this may be a twin bill to legalize saps like LSR 63.
679 H, (Gerhard) exempting firearms manufactured in New Hampshire from federal laws and regulations. Gerhard is an R, I think some other states have enacted a similar law.
751 H, (Horrigan) prohibiting possession of a firearm at a polling place

So summed up, 284, 436, 521, and 751 are additional bad LSRs. A comment about 436 and Fenton--this is the very first SB LSR introduced this year. He has obviously been sitting on it and had it ready to go after the election. All the hallmarks of a rights stomping POS.

Really looking forward to seeing some published bills. With the tight house and new senate, this is going to be one where we'll all have to pay attention and get word in early to each applicable committee.

So I've only been here since 2020, but that seems to be a trend each year now.
It is, some NPC dem always submits a slate of the party desires. It is worth tracking, but if Sununu wants to win a bigger office he is not likely to let most of that garbage through.

and the email subscription works

Obviously not much going on.

Also, this is only to the PDF calendars. It will still be important to view the weekly online calendars to see what is being seen in each committee in case we want to chime in.

IMG_0291.PNG

Same shitty approach, new legislative session
As it's always been.

LSRs aren't bills. They are requests for bills. This batch of anti-gun LSRs are practically the same as have been filed by the same sponsors for the last decade (or longer).

They shotgun everything, but it requires our vigilance to keep anything from slipping through.

I've been a life member of NHLA since before I even moved to NH. Their membership prices have increased since then, but becoming a member is the best way to track legislation. A basic membership is free.

Seems like they are throwing all the shit at the wall hoping something sticks.

Same shitty approach, new legislative session
As it's always been.

LSRs aren't bills. They are requests for bills. This batch of anti-gun LSRs are practically the same as have been filed by the same sponsors for the last decade (or longer).

They shotgun everything, but it requires our vigilance to keep anything from slipping through.

I've been a life member of NHLA since before I even moved to NH. Their membership prices have increased since then, but becoming a member is the best way to track legislation. A basic membership is free.

And it requires the same response we've provided in past years.....folks showing up at hearings to provide intellectual beat downs to the same tired leftist attempts to disarm and silence the population.

Keep in mind that if we let them succeed you know what will follow.....

castro-gun-meme-.jpg

LSRs aren't bills. They are requests for bills.

IMO, that distinction doesn't matter as here in a week or so we'll start seeing bill numbers associated with them therefore forcing the legislative committees and bodies to act on them. It will be important to track the new bill numbers and act accordingly.

There is also the slim possibility of getting LSRs pulled before they become bills as it looks like the R Red Flag LSR (#163) has gone away. I'm sure that sponsor will vote yea for the dem red flag bill.

Capture.JPG

Speaking of associations, we should also note that GOA no longer has a NH state director.

Some of these reps like the bills so much, they sign off on them multiple times. (.. or OLS has a SW issue) I think the DB dump did not go through correctly.

1671497300227.png
1671497232295.png

No problems, and I got the confirmation email immediately. They do have specific password rules, so my standard password of qwerty12345 didn't work.
Well I guess it likes you better than me, because I tried all kinds of password combinations following exactly what it says to do and I get a pop up that says it’s improperly formatted. There’s nobody to contact about it so I guess no notifications for me 😕

I got stuck in the confirmation loop. Sign in, sends confirmation email, click confirmation link, goes to web page and tells me link expired. Sign in again, etc. tried 3 times.

Well I guess it likes you better than me, because I tried all kinds of password combinations following exactly what it says to do and I get a pop up that says it’s improperly formatted. There’s nobody to contact about it so I guess no notifications for me 😕

IMO, you're probably not missing much as you can just go on the page and read it every Friday when the PDF calendars are published.

The GC site has been plenty buggy over the last couple or so weeks.

The LSR page went from 765 LSRs yesterday to 891 today with DeSimone/Potulek's garbage back on it.

Capture.JPG

Some serious database issues occurring I'm sure.

I still haven't seen any assigned bill numbers for anything.

IMO, you're probably not missing much as you can just go on the page and read it every Friday when the PDF calendars are published.

The GC site has been plenty buggy over the last couple or so weeks.

The LSR page went from 765 LSRs yesterday to 891 today with DeSimone/Potulek's garbage back on it.

View attachment 700172

Some serious database issues occurring I'm sure.

I still haven't seen any assigned bill numbers for anything.
Right, maybe I’ll try again after they’ve worked some of that out

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom