• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023- NH Legislation

Every one of these (and I am sure there are more) are opposite to why we moved here. They should all be scrapped in favor of freedom.
They all will be. As for why they "are opposite to why we moved here", the sponsor list (assuming they get any cosponsors) will be telling.

More spaghetti against the wall, hoping something might stick.

Happens in every state every year from all sides.

Answer is still the same with awareness and engagement from the public and organizations.

Even more with an essentially tied House and many new faces in the Senate. Oh, and one of those new R senators wants a study on mandatory vehicle insurance. :rolleyes:

Separate general question-now that Bob Guida retired, who is the 2A guy in the Senate?

Would those initials be CG?

Yep. Not a huge fan of the predecessor, and could kind of see where this was going based on the predecessor's recommendation and the Senator's experience and background.
Not going to bad mouth too much until I see hearings/sessions. This could be a one off, get some feet wet bill based on previous jobs and dealing with people.

Also not going to badmouth too much as I'm 98.9% sure I have a business relationship with what I think are the brothers. and I really need them to finish their work for me.

Lang and Pearl have both been good. Abbas has a shorter record, but a 100% NHLA score on firearms.

Lang led Sununu's foot dragging effort to re-open businesses during covid and the governors hot mess executive over reach.....it was disorganized and a hot mess.....hes every bit in Sununu's pocket.

Abbas at least has his heart in the right place...even though he seems to believe that you can reason with the left on gun control/other issues.....and his statements/testimony at hearings are classic lawyer.....far to wordy....like he's approaching testimony as billable hours.

None of it will. Though, I still keep my CCW up to date in case the dems get control somehow.

It won't if people pay attention.

Like that AP ammo bill. Relatively harmless right...shit like that is the stuff that slips through when people don't pay attention. Boom, I'm a felon for having an inanimate object in my basement.

Shitbags are getting sneaky.

HB 158 This bill creates a criminal penalty for the possession, manufacture, or use of armor-piercing ammunition.

Previously it was just double extra illegal to use while committing a crime.

Now that extra crap your grandpa had in the basement for 50 years makes us felons overnight.

By my count all the anti LSRs except for 30, 284, 436, and 751 have bill numbers associated with it.

There is an asshat on another board doing a similar thread as this.
Vermont tried to pass this years ago. Like you said: sounds harmless. However, the description/wording made just about every round, including hunting rifle ammo, fit the description. That's why it was defeated. This was close to 20 years ago, before the moonbats there really got a foothold. Imagine now.

Committee meetings start next week. Let the games begin.

A couple of hunting related bills up in the Senate which I don't think I have an opinion on.

I did use the remote sign in feature to either support or oppose a couple bills in the House. One on refining school board qualifications and the other to rename Columbus Day :rolleyes: .

A couple of hunting related bills up in the Senate which I don't think I have an opinion on.

Actually I take that back.

SB14 is flawed as it sets up the property owner for a fine if he removes a game camera and turns it in to the cops.

IV. A property owner shall contact a local or state law enforcement officer or conservation officer to remove and seize a game camera which was placed in violation of this section.

VI. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a violation and subject to a fine of up to $1,000 for each offense and, for a second or subsequent conviction under this section, may forfeit the game camera and related fastening devices used during the violation of this section.

If I decide to properly post my property and if find a camera on my property, I want it not taking pictures NOW. I will carefully take it down and THEN call F&G to pick it up(or meet them somewhere convenient).

Now am I bored enough to write the committee about this?

SB14 is flawed as it sets up the property owner for a fine if he removes a game camera and turns it in to the cops.
IV. A property owner shall contact a local or state law enforcement officer or conservation officer to remove and seize a game camera which was placed in violation of this section.
If I decide to properly post my property and if find a camera on my property, I want it not taking pictures NOW. I will carefully take it down and THEN call F&G to pick it up(or meet them somewhere convenient).
Now am I bored enough to write the committee about this?
Seems like the fix would be to simply replace "shall" with "may"?

How about we just enforce trespassing instead of making a new law for game cameras. I know this is a novel idea, using existing laws to stop people from being on your property without permission.

I'm pretty sure this is a similar as the bill that got hijacked last year.

If I remember the convo from last year, this bill is actually permissive and allows for game cameras. Previously there was either no provision or what provisions there were had some extra hoops in it-can't remember. IMO, it doesn't look like a bad bill-just concerned about possible issues for landowners who remove cameras.

How about we just enforce trespassing instead of making a new law for game cameras. I know this is a novel idea, using existing laws to stop people from being on your property without permission.
That is all well and good, but if you have property in current use recreation you have to allow hunting, fishing, hiking, snow shoeing, and bird watching. Posting your property can result the loss of the current use recreation tax break.

That is all well and good, but if you have property in current use recreation you have to allow hunting, fishing, hiking, snow shoeing, and bird watching. Posting your property can result the loss of the current use recreation tax break.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone in here that takes the additional recreational break.

"Current Use" is the big tax break, the add-on "Recreation" discount is optional, maybe a couple bucks per acre per year.

Why, just why?
NH consistently ranks 2nd or 3rd safest state in the country, what we have is working. When something is working you don;t change it. Keep the hands off the guns and other criminal stuff and instead focus on drug addiction or something that actually needs fixing.

I'm tracking almost all of the relavant bills have been published. HB 351 and 444 recently. 351 starts out bad with penalties for even private sellers who do not include a lock--the second part about penalties for 'negligent storage'(no not masshat storage) MIGHT be worth discussing, but I would prefer it goes away. 444 is tard central pants wetting libtard fear mongering.

HB 31 has it's hearing next week. So does HB 144, but I'm not really chiming in on that. Also there are a couple of ranked choice bills on the 17th which I made sure to downvote, but that's just me.

list from another board--might be missing some

Capture.JPG

Two possible bills to support on 1/20
HB31, eliminating the prohibition on collectors items (Black jakcs, slung shots and brass knuckles)
HB144, Allowing felons to possess?

Back
Top Bottom