2020 Fishing thread

dhuze

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
An island surrounded by land on three sides
I went out in the Kayak yesterday. It's my first real day fishing and everything was biting. Just on my Ultralight with a 1" grub jig. They wouldn't bite anything else. My son-in-law came out and brought me some beer and plastic container of whiskey to help with my fishing. It came with free refills. I gave my pole to one of my granddaughters and she caught some fish too. We were all just sitting around on the kayaks and I cast out, my step daughter said she'd give me $10 if I caught a fish. I caught the Perch in the photo. I didn't take her money, although she did try to give it to me. After fishing we went back to his house with the Kids and grandkids and had a cookout.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Went with some buddies on a charter off the Hamptons. Cold and cloudy day, plus I didn’t wear enough clothes for the cold temps. Sea sickness was rampant, about 1/4 of the boat were nursing their wounds (waves were 8ft high the day before). Still got some action in there. Mostly Haddock, some Pollock, a few Redfish. Cod we had to throw back. Overall great first time deep sea fishing experience. Definitely planning on doing this again.
CE9C37DA-D11A-4933-BFAF-63A2B9B59C81.jpeg
AB0D8303-E45B-4EB0-9F40-BAC8459339F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom