2020 Fishing thread

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I might pull the boat out in 2 weeks and get it stickered before I leave for FL over April Vacation. That way I can drop the boat into the pond as soon as I get back. See if I can find some early-season lunkers. I've never had any luck.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent the 18th of Feb until March 2nd Fishing at Schoodic Lake, in Brownville, Me. Came home with three togue (Lake Trout).
I will be heading back up there when the lake opens to fly fish the area waters. We plan on getting into Baxter this year.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I think I've been ice fishing once in my life. And it definitely wasn't in a cozy tent like that. Just out in the elements sitting on a milk crate with a few buddies with nothing but whiskey to keep us warm. I like that sheltered setup though. I would do that.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think I've been ice fishing once in my life. And it definitely wasn't in a cozy tent like that. Just out in the elements sitting on a milk crate with a few buddies with nothing but whiskey to keep us warm. I like that sheltered setup though. I would do that.
It's pretty heavy. I only bring it out if I have the kids or I'm going to be night fishing. It's not bad if I have the four wheeler to pull all the gear.

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Mid morning today hooked the biggest large mouth I’ve ever caught ( well almost), line cut/ broke as I was lifting him up:mad: didn’t have my net!!!
He also took my favorite creature bait !

came home and my neighbors kid crashed his drone on the hood of my car, dents and scrapes down to metal, yes needs to go to Autobody !

then got a treble hook stuck in finger, beyond the barb, winced like a little bitch getting it out

i don’t have the virus, my wife cooked dinner... so pretty good day 🤙

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bob King

nice, really nice!
beauties ! I hope you can feel my jealousy ![hmmm]

those fish are out of my league, apparently
thank you for giving a visual, to help me remember why I’m there , rather than wondering how much cash & time Im piddling* away 👍

JDL

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few days ago got me fired up and I started tying some early season trout flys if the weather finely get warms again I will be out

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
View attachment 342378
Bald Pate, only one trolling but a smile that’s worth it.
Nothing better than that smile. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad took me fishing.

I Always looked forward to opening day. I can remember freezing my ass off on opening day and watching the ice build up in the eyelets of the rod. I loved every minute of it.

Bob

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing better than that smile. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad took me fishing.

I Always looked forward to opening day. I can remember freezing my ass off on opening day and watching the ice build up in the eyelets of the rod. I loved every minute of it.

Bob
Yeah, Remember the planning for "Opening day"? It was like waiting for Christmas. Then Mass. did away with Opening day. I heard many reasons, but I think that it was the intent to create more license sales. Many of the Guys I worked with (Mass NRO's then EPO"s) all said how they used enjoy the opening day energy.

Top Bottom